Tea Pot Bird Bath

Christy 12.03.15
I'm creating a Mad Hatter inspired garden, so I'll need lots of tea themed decor.

As a child, i loved the Disney movie "Alice in Wonderland". The idea of stumbling into an "un-birthday" party in the woods was enchanting. Now that I have my own garden, I'm dreaming of creating my own little space where my children and I can have parties and celebrate un-holidays together.

My first project: this tea party themed bird bath!

To see more: http://www.morenascorner.com/2013/07/diy-tea-pot-bird-bath.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Beverly Stamp
    Beverly Stamp Lockport, NY
    Home goods store had a cute little set... also, EBAY
  • SUSIE
    SUSIE Hialeah, FL
    I make glass art sculptures from vases and plates and other odds and ends stacked as high as I can get them and use E6000nand it is great, no sanding and if I want a fast bond I put two pieces together than immediately pull them apart wait 2 or three
  • Jacqueline Tuff
    Jacqueline Tuff Runnemede, NJ
    I can't wait to sea more!
  • York Gardener
    York Gardener Rock Hill, SC
    Are you planning on planting some of the tea camelia?
  • Tonya Zepeda
    Tonya Zepeda Seattle, WA
    What kind of glue?
  • Taylor
    Taylor Chaseburg, WI
    Very cute but how do you keep it from falling over
    • Morena Hockley
      Morena Hockley San Antonio, TX
      Taylor Thank you! The key is to use a wide base, and put the larger items closer to the bottom.
  • Brenda Barton
    Brenda Barton Royse City, TX
    I am trying to create a new flower bed also, and this is a great idea for me . I already have all the things to make it with. Thanks for sharing your ideas.
  • Elizabeth Dwyer Simpson
    DUE TO TOO MANY CRITTERS INVADING US WE CAN DO LONGER HAVEA BIRD FEEDERS BUT A BIGGER DISH WOULD MAKE FOR AN INVITING BIRD BATH. I REALLY LIKE YOUR WORK OF ART.
  • Kari-Anne
    Kari-Anne Canada
    Thank-you so much! I enjoy seeing what appears to be junk or ugly become a beautiful one of a kind Project!
  • Jean Lewis
    Jean Lewis Brooklyn, MI
    Great way to reuse old dishes,old lamp base would work too.
  • Morena Hockley
    Morena Hockley San Antonio, TX
    @Brenda Shelton-Hubbard, I used Gorilla Glue. So far it's holding up in the Texas heat. Someone else said she uses GE Silicon II and to sand the surface. I plan to try that on future projects.
  • Brenda Shelton-Hubbard
    What did you use to put them together? I have tried using glue for glass before and it does not work (lightly sanding the glass first). Suggestions?
  • Jan H
    Thanks Mary. you've captured the vision for my methods.
  • Mary C
    Mary C Reddick, FL
    very lovely and a great way to share your ideas with your grandchildren, teaching them as you share precious moments with them....memories they will have forever....and the cost, not much, the payoff, a whole lot of love!!!!!!!!! and hopefully, they will
  • Margaret Welker
    Margaret Welker Angleton, TX
    that is so cute.
Morena Hockley