Temporary Pergola?

I'm having a backyard dinner party to celebrate my sister's Master's degree, and I would like to have a straight row of tables under a fabric draped pergola. Is there any way to build a pergola that's not set in concrete? I've seen some set in flower pots filled with concrete. Any other suggestions for building something temporary?
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Sounds like what you need is to rent a canopy. Most big party rental companies offer these for a reasonable price, and you don't have to store it or figure out how to get rid of it after the party.
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Are you then planning to install this pergola somewhere else? Why not just built it right once?

The cost to build a pergola is normally in the 60 /40 range with 60 being the material cost. It would be possible to build

• Tammie S
    Tammie S Kennesaw, GA
    Maybe you could adapt something like this. I figure you could pound a pipe into the ground then insert the rebar into the pipe. Come up with your own design... ?
  • Paula
    Paula Canfield, OH
    My idea would be to go to a store like Hobby Lobby where they have the cheap metal arbors for weddings. You can always decorate the arbors with silk ivy to make it look like an outside room. If it is in the evening you can even add small christmas
  • Mickii Dole
    I would use pier blocks with brackets for 4x4 lumber as uprights. Then I would use brackets on top of those, with holes drilled for large bolts to go through either 4x4 or 2x4 cross pieces. Minimal bracing would be involved, and you could use a natural
    • CrystalRiver Ventures
      Do you have photos of this? I am living in my trailer in a gravel pit and would like to build a pergola for a cooking area that I can take with me to every work site
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post