29 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 29 comments | See Previous
  • LeAnn Sheppard Schalau
    I love this! I have a special needs son and this would work great for organization and putting down what he is doing that day or when he goes to his dads and so on! great idea!!!
  • Katrina
    Katrina Killeen, TX
    This is so creative an all love anything we can recycle ...
  • Darlenegraceland
    iam doing a craft show in oct I may do one of these great idea

• ThFerret
    ThFerret Columbia, MO
    I always see old free windows lying around and on Freecycle/Craigslist and thought I should do something with them. But all the crafts I see made out of them were painted with scenes, or stained. I'm not that artistic. This is perfect!!!!
  • Colleen
    Colleen Fargo, ND
    This is great for a busy family. Now I'll have to keep an eye out for old windows, or large picture frames.
  • MiaFleur
    MiaFleur United Kingdom
    Such an unusual idea for an old window, looks amazing!
  • Confessions of a Serial DIYer
    Confessions of a Serial D... Virginia Beach, VA
    April, I love this! I recently found an old window on the side of the road and, thought, "score!" Till I got it home and when I unloaded it from the back of my SUV, a million ants poured out the bottom!! Yikes, that's what happens when you live near the
  • Sonja Oswald
    Sonja Oswald Circleville, OH
    Great idea! If you don't have an old window handy...try using a vintage framed picture! Just paint over the picture with your DIY chalk paint and waalaa!
  • Lillie Bumgardner
    Lillie Bumgardner Racine, OH
    @Sonja, I love the idea about the old vintage framed picture. I see so many at the flea markets and yard sales. Thanks a million ! I just hope I don't paint over one that's worth a million ! Ha Ha !
  • Mollie Green-Shelton
    Mollie Green-Shelton Baltimore, MD
    did you put individual pieces of chalkboard or paint the glass with chalkboard paint? I didn't see in the tutorial on where the chalkboard came from! I love it and have some old windows since my husband is a contractor and he brought them home and think
  • The Golden Sycamore
    What a great idea! I love it!
  • Jeff Endsley
    very nice, have done similar, One possible problem? I sand, repaint (distress if desired),then seal (wax). The problem you very likely are exposing your daughter and others to lead based paint
  • Rhonda
    Rhonda Frackville, PA
    where did you get the hooks?
  • John stark
    John stark Reseda, CA
    Thanks April I have some old frames make one for my sister n law and myself for my grandson
  • Tracy Snyder
    Tracy Snyder Whiteland, IN
    Great idea!
April Hoff

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing