• Katrina
    Katrina Killeen, TX
    This is so creative an all love anything we can recycle ...
  • Darlenegraceland
    iam doing a craft show in oct I may do one of these great idea

• ThFerret
    ThFerret Columbia, MO
    I always see old free windows lying around and on Freecycle/Craigslist and thought I should do something with them. But all the crafts I see made out of them were painted with scenes, or stained. I'm not that artistic. This is perfect!!!!
  • Colleen
    Colleen Fargo, ND
    This is great for a busy family. Now I'll have to keep an eye out for old windows, or large picture frames.
  • MiaFleur
    MiaFleur United Kingdom
    Such an unusual idea for an old window, looks amazing!
  • Confessions of a Serial DIYer
    Confessions of a Serial D... Virginia Beach, VA
    April, I love this! I recently found an old window on the side of the road and, thought, "score!" Till I got it home and when I unloaded it from the back of my SUV, a million ants poured out the bottom!! Yikes, that's what happens when you live near the
  • Sonja Oswald
    Sonja Oswald Lewiston, MI
    Great idea! If you don't have an old window handy...try using a vintage framed picture! Just paint over the picture with your DIY chalk paint and waalaa!
  • Lillie Bumgardner
    Lillie Bumgardner Racine, OH
    @Sonja, I love the idea about the old vintage framed picture. I see so many at the flea markets and yard sales. Thanks a million ! I just hope I don't paint over one that's worth a million ! Ha Ha !
  • Mollie Green-Shelton
    Mollie Green-Shelton Baltimore, MD
    did you put individual pieces of chalkboard or paint the glass with chalkboard paint? I didn't see in the tutorial on where the chalkboard came from! I love it and have some old windows since my husband is a contractor and he brought them home and think
  • The Golden Sycamore
    What a great idea! I love it!
  • Jeff Endsley
    very nice, have done similar, One possible problem? I sand, repaint (distress if desired),then seal (wax). The problem you very likely are exposing your daughter and others to lead based paint
  • Rhonda
    Rhonda Frackville, PA
    where did you get the hooks?
  • John stark
    John stark Reseda, CA
    Thanks April I have some old frames make one for my sister n law and myself for my grandson
  • Tracy Snyder
    Tracy Snyder Whiteland, IN
    Great idea!
  • Marilyn ridings
    marilyn ridings Kansas City, MO
    where is the best place to find old window frames?
April Hoff