Hometalk.com

25 Comments Displaying 15 of 25 comments | See Previous
  • Laurie Galloway, OH
    I love this idea! We own a handyman business so I will definitely keep my eye out for when we do a window or door replace job. If it's a keeper I'll grab one, or two! Thanks
  • CORINNE Kirkwood, NY
    OmG! I love this recycle idea! Great job and thanks for sharing. I am on the look-out now for discarded windows! <3 Corinne
  • Lillie Bumgardner Racine, OH
    Thanks @No search results.April Hoff .Best idea I have ever seen for old windows. A must do ! Thanks for sharing !!!!
  • Sharon Crawford Buford, GA
    love this!
  • I love this! I have a special needs son and this would work great for organization and putting down what he is doing that day or when he goes to his dads and so on! great idea!!!
  • Katrina Killeen, TX
    This is so creative an all love anything we can recycle ...
  • iam doing a craft show in oct I may do one of these great idea

• ThFerret Columbia, MO
    I always see old free windows lying around and on Freecycle/Craigslist and thought I should do something with them. But all the crafts I see made out of them were painted with scenes, or stained. I'm not that artistic. This is perfect!!!!
  • Colleen Fargo, ND
    This is great for a busy family. Now I'll have to keep an eye out for old windows, or large picture frames.
  • MiaFleur United Kingdom
    Such an unusual idea for an old window, looks amazing!
  • Confessions of a Serial D... Virginia Beach, VA
    April, I love this! I recently found an old window on the side of the road and, thought, "score!" Till I got it home and when I unloaded it from the back of my SUV, a million ants poured out the bottom!! Yikes, that's what happens when you live near the
  • Sonja Oswald Lewiston, MI
    Great idea! If you don't have an old window handy...try using a vintage framed picture! Just paint over the picture with your DIY chalk paint and waalaa!
  • Lillie Bumgardner Racine, OH
    @Sonja, I love the idea about the old vintage framed picture. I see so many at the flea markets and yard sales. Thanks a million ! I just hope I don't paint over one that's worth a million ! Ha Ha !
  • Mollie Green-Shelton Baltimore, MD
    did you put individual pieces of chalkboard or paint the glass with chalkboard paint? I didn't see in the tutorial on where the chalkboard came from! I love it and have some old windows since my husband is a contractor and he brought them home and think
  • What a great idea! I love it!