Hometalk.com

My kitchen walls were painted a deep, cranberry red by the previous homeowner.

I actually like the color, though the paint job is bad in spots. When we painted the adjacent living areas the soft yellow color that you see in the pic, I thought I could clean up the edges where the colors meet. What you see is actually an improvement, but it still looks bad.

I haven't had good results with masking or painters' tape, though I'm willing to try it again, but usually I can freehand a fairly straight edge with a good brush (what you see here was done with a roller. How would a pro painter get a clean edge here???

4 Comments Displaying 4 of 4 comments
  • Hi Michelle,

When doing different colors like this, I prefer to go from light to dark colors. It's a lot easier to get a dark color to

• Michelle Douglasville, GA
    Wow, that was fast (I love this site!).

The red was already there, so I didn't have a choice when I did the yellow. But now that I'm going to have to repaint anyway

• Happy to help Michelle! Yes, please post a new picture when you have the chance. I'd love to see how it turned out. Good luck!
  • For a sharp line with latex paint, try the new 3M EdgeLock tape.

It works amazingly well to keep the paint from bleeding under the tape.

• Like

Tanisha M Lisle