6 Considerations When Decorating a Small Space

Bedroom ideas 10.02.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Hi Readers,

Since my Blogger to WordPress transfer and redirect last month, I have been noticing some elements of my blog that didn’t transfer over. It wasn’t until last night that I realized one of my favorite posts just went away! Thank goodness for back-up! So here you are :).

1. Multi-Functional & Effectively Using Space You Have - This can be applied to many areas with in your decor. It could be applied to furniture, storage, and just your aesthetic.

2. Aesthetic - whether it is eclectic or shabby chic, all can be done in a successful way in a small space.

3. Color Scheme - neutral colors or an accent wall to add depth.

4. Less is More - keeping it simple is very important. You don’t want to try and be so crazy creative to over clutter your small space.

5. Furniture selection - clean lines can help a small space appear to me larger and cleaner

6. Storage - Hidden is usually my preference… but if you can pull off storage in a clean organized way, I say go for it!!!

• Side Table/Bar – Great Idea!
  • Using a bookshelf and a longer table to make a desk! Great thinking!
  • Use nesting tables when you need they extra table top space – but tuck in perfectly when they are not in use.
  • Creating a work space in an unconventional area like under the stair case. Clever!
  • Great example of an accent wall – drawing the eye to add some depth to the room
  • Between the window treatment, accent wall with drapery and the chandelier – this space appears larger
  • These clear barstools can give off a more open kitchen space
  • Not only would this apply to the storage factor, but these chairs are great furniture selections when having guests over.
  • Pulling furniture to the center of the room can give the illusion that there is more space around them
  • See 2 More Photos

To see more: http://artsandclassy.com/2014/01/6-considerations-when-decorating-a-small-space.html

• Virginia Fynes
    Wow these are some really great ideas!
  • Lori Rothermund
    Lori Rothermund Aberdeen, NC
    Wonderful ideas! I loved them all. You can even use them in large spaces. I especially loved the living room/family room area (??) it looked lovely!
  • Sue Hebert
    Sue Hebert Spring, TX
    I have been racking my brain as to how to add a breakfast bar. I absolutely LOVE the one you posted below the chandeilier. Thank you for this wonderful idea!! I will try to incorporate it into my house!
Meredith Greenberg

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post