Garden Salvage

Garden Inspiration 4 days ago
I took an old door and coated the glass with mirror paint, then I mounted it on my fence. I added some porch poles and bunk bed slats as a frame around the door; decorating it with paint and flower pot finials. I added a decorative piece of steel as a topper and put some stepping stones in front of it. This is my "secret" door to nowhere.
  • N J Gross
    N J Gross Sagle, ID
    Beautiful and creative!
  • Milton E Hillman IV
    like it a lot. very creative.
  • Donna C
    Donna C Manchester, NH
    Love this!!
  • Sue H
    Sue H Marietta, GA
    I have mirrors from a condo redo with shutters on each side of one in yard that the light hits from the flood light (dog makes come on) and another one behind my pond and great angle as you see my outside Christmas tree twice. Love it. Where do you get
    • CC
      Sue H I've found it at Hobby Lobby and Michaels it's made by Krylon.
  • Patricia Mayne
    Patricia Mayne Kennesaw, GA
    I love it! A beautiful entrance to a mythical meditative garden.
  • Kimmi
    Kimmi Murfreesboro, TN
    SOOOO making this for my Zen Garden!! LOVE IT!! Thanx for sharing!!!
  • Sherry Lee
    Sherry Lee Enterprise, AL
    Omg!! How clever! Love it! I am so doing this on privacy fench out back.. Thanks for sharing!!
  • Memawscooking
    OH< what a neat idea, thanks for sharing !
  • Sharon
    Sharon Beavercreek, OR
    Love this too.
  • Valerie
    Valerie South Africa
    I really like the way this turned out! Thanks for sharing.
  • Kelley
    Kelley Ardmore, OK
    Love the look!
  • Jim Lambert
    Jim Lambert Seattle, WA
    what a great idea! I'm going to try this - I have a perfect spot for something like this
  • Shirley P
    Shirley P Boyd, TX
    what a great idea, don't have a wood fence maybe the side of pump house would do, what do you think?
    • CC
      Shirley P I think that's a great idea...I think this would work in a variety of places. I hope you share a picture if you make one :)
  • Barb Sanders
    Barb Sanders New Bern, NC
    Love to salvage myself. Have acquired quite a bit...need to put it out! Thanks Barb
  • Symea
    Symea Salt Lake City, UT
    such a cool idea, thanks i'm stealing it =) it feels like you can open that door to a "secret" garden in another realm.
    • CC
      Symea Steal away...post some pics if you do. :)
    • Symea
      Symea Salt Lake City, UT
      CC It's more of a window I found on the side of the road, old and distressed already. I will post pics =)
CC