Hometalk.com

For the Garden 2 days ago

Concrete Cobblestone Path

We wanted to find something unique to use for our pathway and patio. We couldn't find anything we really liked. When I came across this concrete form from Lowes I was so excited. Not only does it look great but it was very cost effective.

To learn how we did it visit my blog at http://www.tancamjenksfam.blogspot.com/2011/...

113 Comments Displaying 15 of 113 comments | See Previous
  • Mary A Tremonton, UT
    wow, i had no idea about the vinegar killing weeds....lot cheaper than round up!! we have pavers and ants come up with little mounds of soil.....any ideas on that one?
  • Carol Johnson Continental, OH
    Turing it over and tracing the shapes onto the concrete is what we did to our basement. I live in a 125 year old church where there were lots of cracks in the basement floor. This made for a great camo of those cracks. Everyone has loved th look.
  • Amy Flores Colorado Springs, CO
    I use cornstarch to kill the ants. Just pour some on the ant hills. It works.
  • Amy Flores Colorado Springs, CO
    You can also put down the landscaping fabric begore laying your pavers to keep the weeds out. Some people use newspaper.
  • Amy Flores Colorado Springs, CO
    Before*
  • RUTH C Lecanto, FL
    Amy, You seem to be pretty knowledgeable. Any ideas on how to get Moss to grow in the cracks of the cobblestone? I think it would just set it off that much more. I have the pattern (form) and hope to use it soon. Baking soda helps the concrete to dry
  • Amy Flores Colorado Springs, CO
    I don't know much about moss but want to do the same. Check out this website. The person with the nickname Mosswich gives good info on how to grow moss: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cryp...
  • Amy Flores Colorado Springs, CO
    be careful when using vinegar. it does kill grass.
  • Amy Flores Colorado Springs, CO
    i was at Lowes and found a mat that you can lay pavers on instead of using sand. I think you could probably use it for the cobblestone project above as well. The mat is called
  • Antoinette Oaks Crawfordville, FL
    Club soda is good for ants.
  • Phyllis Richmond, VA
    I have a recipe that I found on line for Moss Graffiti. 1 can of beer,1/2 tsp sugar, several clumps of garden moss. Blend together in a blender. In this recipe, U paint it onto walls, etc. I'm sure it will work.Make sure it is kept moist until it takes
  • Nice job! I'm doing this in a small space between our unattached (2nd garage) garage and house. Making a pergola from house to garage growing my grapevines over the top and putting a hammock, draping lights, a waterfall and sheer curtains. My husband
  • Camie Jenkins Pasco, WA
    Melody sounds exciting! Good Luck!
  • Gloria Duy Pontiac, IL
    My neighbor uses roofing shingles under all of his stone work. They stay flat without shifting and no weeds. The bricks and stones he put down 10 years ago look as good as the ones he did this year.
  • Brenda Cantrell Sparta, TN
    SHINGLES COST LESS TOO....ESPECIALLY IF YOU CAN FIND SOME LEFT OVER FROM SOMEONE ROOFING THERE HOUSE BIG DETERRENT ON WEEDS