Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Concrete Cobblestone Path

Outdoor decor 5 days ago
We wanted to find something unique to use for our pathway and patio. We couldn't find anything we really liked. When I came across this concrete form from Lowes I was so excited. Not only does it look great but it was very cost effective.

To learn how we did it visit my blog at http://www.tancamjenksfam.blogspot.com/2011/...

120 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 16 of 120 comments | See Previous
  • RUTH C
    RUTH C Lecanto, FL
    Amy, You seem to be pretty knowledgeable. Any ideas on how to get Moss to grow in the cracks of the cobblestone? I think it would just set it off that much more. I have the pattern (form) and hope to use it soon. Baking soda helps the concrete to dry
  • Amy Flores
    Amy Flores Colorado Springs, CO
    I don't know much about moss but want to do the same. Check out this website. The person with the nickname Mosswich gives good info on how to grow moss: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cryp...
  • Amy Flores
    Amy Flores Colorado Springs, CO
    be careful when using vinegar. it does kill grass.
  • Amy Flores
    Amy Flores Colorado Springs, CO
    i was at Lowes and found a mat that you can lay pavers on instead of using sand. I think you could probably use it for the cobblestone project above as well. The mat is called
  • Antoinette Oaks
    Antoinette Oaks Crawfordville, FL
    Club soda is good for ants.
  • Phyllis
    Phyllis Richmond, VA
    I have a recipe that I found on line for Moss Graffiti. 1 can of beer,1/2 tsp sugar, several clumps of garden moss. Blend together in a blender. In this recipe, U paint it onto walls, etc. I'm sure it will work.Make sure it is kept moist until it takes
  • Melody Drinkwater Wagner
    Nice job! I'm doing this in a small space between our unattached (2nd garage) garage and house. Making a pergola from house to garage growing my grapevines over the top and putting a hammock, draping lights, a waterfall and sheer curtains. My husband
  • Camie Jenkins
    Camie Jenkins Pasco, WA
    Melody sounds exciting! Good Luck!
  • Gloria Duy
    Gloria Duy Pontiac, IL
    My neighbor uses roofing shingles under all of his stone work. They stay flat without shifting and no weeds. The bricks and stones he put down 10 years ago look as good as the ones he did this year.
  • Brenda Cantrell
    Brenda Cantrell Sparta, TN
    SHINGLES COST LESS TOO....ESPECIALLY IF YOU CAN FIND SOME LEFT OVER FROM SOMEONE ROOFING THERE HOUSE BIG DETERRENT ON WEEDS
  • Liz Ellsworth
    I've always wondered how to do this. So that's how! Cobblestone paths are so elegant.

--

• Pierre.lariviere
    Can you buy the form to create the cobblestone path and if so, where can you buy it?
  • Pierre.lariviere
    My name is Pierre. I don't know why it came up as pier...lol
  • Akis Kollias
    hi, όπου μπορώ να αγοράσω αυτό το γραμματόσημο για να κάνει αυτή τη διαδρομή; thanks συγνώμη για τα αγγλικά μου
  • Ellen
    Ellen Montgomery, TX
    We did this probably 20 years ago at the school where I taught... they have aged beautifully, looking even nicer as they have gotten older!
Camie Jenkins

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing