Organize Your Refrigerator | Hometalk
461K Views

Organize Your Refrigerator

461K Views
It's back to school time for us, which means time to pack lunches on a daily basis. Every year, right before school starts, I try to organize our refrigerator to make meal preparation and lunch packing easier. I also use chalk markers in the freezer to list it's contents on the inner wall. Meal prep becomes much easier when you actually know what you have.
  • organize your refrigerator, organizing, storage ideas, Use plastic bins to organize like items I use them to keep fruits and veggies separate
Use plastic bins to organize like items. I use them to keep fruits and veggies separate.
  • organize your refrigerator, organizing, storage ideas, Use smaller containers that lock to keep lunchmeat fresh
Use smaller containers that lock to keep lunchmeat fresh.
  • organize your refrigerator, organizing, storage ideas, Write the contents of your freezer on the freezer wall with a chalk pen It helps you to know what you have in there when it s time to plan meals and it erases easily
Write the contents of your freezer on the freezer wall with a chalk pen. It helps you to know what you have in there when it's time to plan meals, and it erases easily.
  • organize your refrigerator, organizing, storage ideas, Try to label everything possible I try to keep sandwich making condiments separate from cooking condiments for easy use
Try to label everything possible. I try to keep sandwich making condiments separate from cooking condiments for easy use.

To see more: http://www.mom4real.com/2012/01/organizing-your-refrigerator.html

Have Questions About This Post?

• CindyandGeorge Schaeffer

I think you are an organizational genius! I am 58 and have always struggled with the drinks on the top because that's how the fridg. was delivered to me! Clearly your way is better! I plan to read each and every full post. I am just not an organizer,

• Lisa Kaplan Gordon
    Lisa Kaplan Gordon Mc Lean, VA

Great tips. I found this article on HouseLogic that has some good organizing ideas, too. http://www.houselogic.com/home-advice/appliances/how-to-organize-refrigerator/cfa?eo_sm_sa_lkg

• Cindy Carpenter
    Cindy Carpenter Phoenix, AZ

Too much time

• Christy bellinger
    Christy bellinger Suffolk, VA

Great tips, thanks!!

• Gainorhillegass
    Gainorhillegass Tampa, FL

Very good! I like the chalk notes in the freezer! My challenge are the dinner leftovers that get pushed to the back. Before they become garden compost, I'm portioning them into divided plastic meal containers and freezing them for those nights I

­