When should I stop feeding the hummingbirds?

We have several feeders in our yard and enjoy seeing the hummingbirds fight and fuss over them. I do not want to cause a delay in their winter migration. They are very familiar with our yard and use the feeders all day long. When should I stop feeding them?
    SANDRA BRYANT Whitesburg, GA
    There's no need to put away feeders, it is recommended to keep a feeder out all year. Mother nature has handled the migration, no need to worry. I use 1 part sugar and 4 parts water, no color.
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    at some point I have to put them away or they will freeze lol.
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Yeah - same here!! Although parts of Ga. can get some pretty cold weather occasionally too! Maybe those in more temperate zones can leave theirs out but after September they're pretty well gone.
  • Sonja Davis
    Sonja Davis Lees Summit, MO
    I live in the Kansas City area and I always stop in Oct.. I have read Nov but it just seems too cold then
  • Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    I'd be the first one to tell you to always keep the feeders out - but if the sugar water is frozen what good will that do?
Donna J
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post