Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

crochet from plastic bags

Yes i crochet from plastic bags! great little car tote i think. Working on a bigger one now from white bags.
33 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 19 of 33 comments | See Previous
  • Donna C
    Donna C Marietta, GA
    Sure Heather that would be great my email is donnacooney @comcast.net we can talk there or befriend me on face book I am Donna McDonald Cooney there.@ AKComplete sure go ahead and use it makes me very Happy.It is all of you that inspire us!Heather I
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Donna, I believe you just became an entreprenuer!!! I think the one you posted would also be a pretty cute purse!! Be careful what you offer to do, you could find yourself in the Land of Overwhelm!!
  • Kathie Mauldin
    Kathie Mauldin Ashford, AL
    Do you have instructions on how to make these? I Love to crochet and I am always looking for new ideas. angelmom1211@yahoo.com
  • Kristin Fellner
    Kristin Fellner Lakeland, FL
    I would love the pattern for this. I have tons of plastic bags and that is such a great way to use them. My email is msdragonflyz67@gmail.com if you have a pattern to share.
  • Nancy Ann Zakrewski
    Nancy Ann Zakrewski South Butler, NY
    That is an awesome idea!!! If you do have a pattern, could you email it to me at naz13154@gmail.com? How would it go knitting? I'm a real fan of the garter stitch--love the "nubbies!"
  • Haley
    Haley Copperas Cove, TX
    This is a wonderful idea! I save the ones I bring home that have rips, etc cuz I want to "re-purpose" them always for some...pillow stuffing, etc. But, this is fabulous! I will give this a try, definitely! Brilliant TY :)
  • DanaCrawford
    DanaCrawford Panama City, FL
    I LOVE THIS!!!!
  • Kristie
    Kristie Tappen, ND
    Please consider posting the directions if u wouldn't mind, this is so neat!
  • Nancy Ann Zakrewski
    Nancy Ann Zakrewski South Butler, NY
    Yes, Donna C, may we please, please, please have the directions for this plastic tote bag? It would make great Christmas presents for my friends and help recycle the plastic bags!!!
  • Tyia Padilla
    Tyia Padilla Porterville, CA
    Donna C , I would love to know what happens to the plastic bags in order to crochet with them. Do you cut the bags in to one long plastic strip and how do you connect the bags together? Love your tote, thanks for sharing it with us.
  • Donna C
    Donna C Marietta, GA
    I will try to explain my best.I take bag and fold lengthwise like a fan then cut into about 1/2 inch pieces.Each piece becomes like a loop and I just pull each through each cut piece..Be careful not to pull so tight for it can rip. Then I just make a
  • Donna C
    Donna C Marietta, GA
    I just take any regular crochet pattern and just use the plastic instead of yarn.Thank you all I am so glad you liked the "Plastic plastic bag.'
  • Mabeline
    Mabeline Patterson, CA
    Fellow hometalkers - google "Plarn" which is the term used for plastic yarn. Youtube also has instructional videos for making the plastic yarn. Plarn crochet patterns can also be found on the web.
  • Carol Stork
    Carol Stork Troy, MO
    This is really cool. I don't know the first thing a bout crochet, but this makes me want to learn. Is this hard for a beginner?
    • Judy
      Judy Syracuse, IN
      Carol Stork

Crochet is not difficult. It is just one needle and a series of loops. I taught fifteen 9 year old Girl Scouts to do it

• Carol Stork
      Carol Stork Troy, MO
      Judy thanks
  • Kippie
    kippie Briceville, TN
    DONNA,YOU SHOULD SELL THE INSTUCTIONS!!!!!
Donna C

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing