Wood Tilt-Out Trash Cabinet

Kitchen projects 6 hours ago
Until a few weeks ago, we had a nice stainless steel trash can. Nice…but still a bit of an eyesore being a trashcan and all. Then one day, I went to step on the pedal to raise the lid and the pedal broke right off. So we began looking a new trashcans and I just wasn’t loving anything I saw. Plus, the nice ones can be surprisingly pricey. Then, I saw a friend of mine ask for recommendations for where to buy a wood trash can cabinet on Facebook and it was totally one of those “Why didn’t I think of that?!” moments!
Time: 2 Days Difficulty: Moderate
I’m so happy with how it turned out and we no longer have an unsightly trash can in the kitchen!
This is how it looked before. Not so pretty right? So we got to work! My husband did the building and I did the "prettying" it up.
I LOVE the weathered grey stain I used on it! It reminds me of old barn wood.
It's a pretty simple weekend project!
To see the plans we used and how we modified them check out the full post in the link below!

To see more: http://bydawnnicole.com/2014/11/wood-tilt-trash-can-cabinet.html

on This Post

• Enttwife
    I think this would keep my dogs from getting into the trash.
    • Ruby77
      Ruby77 Chester, NJ
      Enttwife This does work. I have one similar and so far no problems and its been years
  • Diana Paige Sheeks
    Several of these could be combined and great for a laundry room. The longer top would be wonderful for folding clothes. Or one as a dog food container. Thanks for sharing
  • Maan Punwaar
    Maan Punwaar Glen Burnie, MD
    Good idea
  • Debbie James
    you can buy something like this at HOME DECORATORS.COM
    • Vivian Tinder-Thomas
      Debbie James I know you can buy them but it is so much fun being able to say you made it yourself, like i made one and i can brag about it.. LOL
  • Lynn Davi
    Lynn Davi Modesto, CA
    The tilt out trash container plans are on pinterest by Anna White
Dawn {Dawn Nicole Designs}