Get Rid of Lime Deposits using Eco-Friendly Products

cleaning 04.08.15
Get rid of lime deposits using 2 items from your pantry ~ vinegar and salt.

To see more: http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/2012/10/eco-friendly-cleaning-tips-using-heinz-cleaning-vinegar/

• Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    I've used regular Vinegar for years and it DOES do a good job, but everything is so fast paced now that time is a valuable commodity so if you have time to wait, use your regular vinegar...if you don't look for the stronger cleaning vinegar...LOL It's
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    Sandra Cook You certainly can use the regular vinegar. The cleaning vinegar is just a little stronger but the regular will work. You may need to just use a little more, let it sit a little longer or rub a bit longer but it will work. : )
  • Sandra Cook
    Sandra Cook Athol, ID
    Can I use regular vinegar the same way, until I can get some of the cleaning vinegar?
  • Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating
    This is a great tip! We have very hard water, and keeping the water rings and marks off of tubs, faucets, toilets, etc, is virtually impossible. I'll definitely be giving this a try.
  • Liza
    Liza Cary, NC
    Judith W are you from this country, Russia perhaps? Wow folks need to loosen up a bit. Snap judgements are not helpful or inviting.
  • Liza
    Liza Cary, NC
    Thank you I am having a wonderful day. I must disagree $2.98 is not a good price for vinegar even if it is a bit more acidic. The corporations have caught on, gave it a new function, made it stronger even though its not necessary and put it out there at
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    Dayco Systems ~ I'm not sure. The product I used is manufactured by Heinz ~ that may help with the search.
  • Dayco Systems
    Dayco Systems Kennesaw, GA
    Can you get the vinegar in the UK
  • Mary Beth
    Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    Liza Ramirez ~ I paid $2.98 for the 1 gallon size of the Cleaning Vinegar : ) I have seen it in other stores recently for less than that ~ just an FYI ~ have a wonderful day!
  • Liza
    Liza Cary, NC
    I'm sure its going to cost a pretty penny too. I plan on simply putting it in a pan and boiling it down, now the acidic percentage will be higher without paying more. These companies are so out of control, thats my personal opinion. Blessings everyone! :)
  • Mary D
    Mary D Somers Point, NJ
    I agree with Snickerz.
  • Snickerz824
    Snickerz824 Ambler, PA
    @Judith W....This is a discussion to share ideas not a place to post rude comments. Steve G. was just asking a question about where to purchase Cleaning Vinegar. The only one here acting stupid is you. Chill out!
  • Richard S
    Richard S Nicholasville, KY
    It's all a factor of the strength of the acetic acid in it. Acetic acid comes as strong as 58% but of course, that's not vinegar, just acid.
  • Dana Shuster
    Dana Shuster San Antonio, TX
    There is also horticultural vinegar, 20% strength, which you can dilute to whatever suits your needs. It's available at those two big box home stores. The water is so hard where I live that I use it full strentgh to soak shower heads and such.
  • Richard S
    Richard S Nicholasville, KY
    Judith W. - she said 1% MORE -- not just 1%. Normal vinegar is 5% acidity, 1% more would be 6%. You can't dilute up.
Mary Beth