Hometalk.com

31 Comments Displaying 15 of 31 comments | See Previous
  • This is a great tip! We have very hard water, and keeping the water rings and marks off of tubs, faucets, toilets, etc, is virtually impossible. I'll definitely be giving this a try.
  • Sandra Cook Athol, ID
    Can I use regular vinegar the same way, until I can get some of the cleaning vinegar?
  • Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    Sandra Cook You certainly can use the regular vinegar. The cleaning vinegar is just a little stronger but the regular will work. You may need to just use a little more, let it sit a little longer or rub a bit longer but it will work. : )
  • Sharron W Memphis, TN
    I've used regular Vinegar for years and it DOES do a good job, but everything is so fast paced now that time is a valuable commodity so if you have time to wait, use your regular vinegar...if you don't look for the stronger cleaning vinegar...LOL It's
  • I had a person who needed to soak his feet nightly with Epsom salt (1/2 c in 1 qt water). When done soaking, I put in toilet but didn't flush. I noticed the lime ring went away after a while. I've heard you can also use lemon or lemonade koolaid to do
  • Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    That's a great tip, Pam Shoesmith Probasco
  • Becky Fombell, PA
    we have well water and have to get a new coffee pot every 8 months bc it clogs . Can i use this?
  • Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    For the coffee maker itself I would use Heinz cleaning vinegar in it to see if that gets it unclogged. You may need to use the vinegar several times. You could even try using a vinegar cleaning once a week to prevent it from getting clogged. Most manuals
  • Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    Great tip! I also use vinegar and baking soda if I have enough at the moment. You may not believe this, but sometime if I have forgot to do my soaking of faucets and they are cloudy and company is coming, I just splash, spray or dribble some on and leave
  • Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    I messed up, I should have said I put a little bit of (NON bleach added) liquid laundry detergent (the cheapest) to my vinegar because it has the agents that make water wetter and keep it wet on your faucets longer & cleans better without reapplying as
  • Mary Beth Coraopolis, PA
    Hi, Sheryll S ~ that is $2.98 for the gallon size. : )
  • Rita Hlasney Shell Knob, MO
    There is a product called Iron Out...it is a powder and add as directed to white cotton towels and sheets etc.. I find that works for me. I have a top loading washing machine and you fill with water, add iron out ..start washing machine to agitate, then
  • Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
    Great tip Mary Beth!
  • Gillian Ashburn, VA
    I've seen the cleaning vinegar at Walmart also!
  • Carol Redwood, NY
    Can this be used on shower doors?