Hometalk.com

11 Comments Displaying 11 of 11 comments
  • What a sweet and thoughtful gift this makes! Love that it's a consumable... great for those that have it all. :)
  • thanks so much FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna !! Love your comment :)
  • Lynn Lloyd Pickens, SC
    Do you have any other recipes that do not contain cinnamon? I am highly allergic to cinnamon but love simmer pots. Great recipe though for everyone else!
  • Terri Knight Cordova, TN
    One part water, apple juice, and pineapple juice. Add 2 tbs pickling spice, whole cloves, whole allspice and ground ginger and three cinnamon sticks. Bring to boil and then let simmer on low. Continue to add water as it boils down. Has always been
  • Sondra A Janesville, WI
    mmmmmmm. I can just about smell it now.
  • Elaine C Chelsea, MA
    I have been doing it with cinnamon sticks and oranges for a couple of years now especially in the winter what a warm welcoming smell an my house smells great.
  • sounds great Elaine C !! I love that simmer potpourri can be so flexible - you can add so many different ingredients!
  • Ivylore Trenton, MI
    Love to do this! I also add rosemary and basil to the cinnamon sticks- I'll have to try the herbal tea bags and the apple juice--- should be great!
  • ooooh Irma the rosemary & basil sound like great additions too! :)
  • I am so going to do this. Thanks for the idea
  • Lulu Alpine, CA
    Are you sitting the mason jars right on the stove burner or do you have an electric simmer plate like those used for candles?