Keep a Toilet Clean (much longer)

Cleaning 17 hours ago
Have a toilet that seems to get dirty very fast despite thorough cleaning? Try cleaning the siphon jets.

1.) Clean the underside of the rim with a nylon brush and homemade cleaning solution of vinegar, baking soda, and water.

2.) Shut off the water supply and flush the toilet to empty the tank.

3.) Block off the siphon jets with duct tape.

4.) Pour 1 gallon of vinegar in the tank and flush the toilet. Let it sit over night.

5.) In the morning remove the tape and open the water supply. Flush water through once to clear out any remaining vinegar.

#CleaningTricks

To see more: http://blog.homespothq.com/2012/11/toilet-maintenance-and-inspection/

• KrysFL
    KrysFL Lakeland, FL
    Just a FYI... leaving cleaner in the toilet actually eats away at the clear coat on the porcelain which, you guessed it, causes it to show stains even faster!! NEVER leave cleaners in your toilet over night. If your clear coat has already been 'eaten'
    • Diane hughes
      diane hughes Valdosta, GA
      KrysFL That's true, I left some blue cleaner in my toilet overnight and I have a light blue ring in side the bowl all the time. It gets bluer when the toilet gets dirty.
  • Deb Priehs-Van Coillie
    Family Dollar has toilet bowl cleaner that takes anything out;;;rust etc & it is in- expensive, we also have very hard water & it cleans that up also (it is the family dollar brand & it only a buck/buck and a half)
  • Matthew Gingerella
    Matthew Gingerella Riverside, CA
    Thank you PatriciaGreenawalt - that is terrific to know; rust stains are some of the toughest - I think!

Matthew

• Wyvern_wivern
    Use CRL (Calcium Rust Lime) Patricia. It can be found at Walmart or Home Depot.
    • Penny
      Penny Sherwood, OH
      Wyve that CRL works miracles on kitty litter boxes too
  • Carol David
    Carol David Sterling, MI
    To remove rust stains, I use The Works toilet cleaner every time. It comes in regular and thick, and I prefer the thick. It seems to stay on the sides better. You can see the rust disappear in the time it takes to squirt it on. I let it sit just a
HomeSpot HQ