Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
02.11.13

HOW to set a SEARS/Craftsman Garage Door Remote (139.53779) for a LIFTMASTER 1/2 HP Security + Garage Door Opener?

I have a LIFTMASTER 1/2 HP Security+ Garage Door Opener in the house I bought, BUT my previous house had SEARS/CRAFTSMAN Garage Door openers and my remotes are SEARS/Craftsman. ?? How do I set my SEARS/Craftsman garage door remotes (139.53779) to work on the LIFTMASTER garage door opener?
13 Comments Displaying 13 of 13 comments
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Have you tried contacting Liftmaster directly for this?
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Jim G
    Jim G Suffolk, VA
    I did. A gentleman told me he could help and I sent the opener and remotes info he asked for, so hopefully he'll respond. Resent again yesterday. but to-date, no response.
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    Are you sure your wife is not locking you out?
  • Jim G
    Jim G Suffolk, VA
    She would, if she could! beingI always find a way in, she just gives me anti-freeze in my gatorade.... says it helps to cool me down faster... that and that new arsenic spice she puts only in MY food that is apparently good for my heart!
  • LandlightS
    LandlightS Roswell, GA
    Unless Lifmaster makes a door system for Sears....I would suggest you send the Sears remotes to the buyer of your old home and purchase Lifmaster remotes for the door in your new home......just my smartass opinion
  • Jim G
    Jim G Suffolk, VA
    Is the LIFTMASTER the SAME company that makes the SEARS Garage Door Openers? IF SO, I imagine I should just be able to program the SEARS Remote. (I do have a remote I use and my wife's car has the remote built in (like my car did before I leased this
    You can program the kids to open it for you. But that might be against the law. There are lots of universal openers on the market. Heck my Envoy has one built in that not only opens the door, but can be programed to turn on the lights in the house.
  • Jim G
    Jim G Suffolk, VA
    My 2 oldest are in the desert... uggghhhh, youngest (23 Yr old daughter), she gets confused just trying to figure out how to press the button! We actually have the remotes set now for both cars, so now its just a factor of I KNOW there must be a way to
    I am amazed that you can even use your garage. Most are filled with toys, bikes, man toys and projects that never really ever get done. You need more to do Jim G to fill the garage.
  • Jim G
    Jim G Suffolk, VA
    Yup.... I have ALWAYS parked BOTH are cars in our garages. KEY is use of the walls and overhead storage to keep the floor clear! Work tools hung up, shelves for storage, work bench is kept pretty organized, grandsons toys in one corner, beach chairs hung
    You do not have enough to do. If you did the garage would be packed. lol
  • Jim G
    Jim G Suffolk, VA
    this is TRUE! I spend most of my time working my job and most of that time, not even getting paid! Used to coach football/ softball, but work is killing me.
  • Jim G
    Jim G Suffolk, VA
    wound up just getting a new one. had garage maintenance done (ripped off for SURE!) neighbors kids kick their soccer ball into the garage at times ad I'm sure affected the door going up & down - off balance. Garage door people charged $618 for changing
Jim G
  • Like

Leah

Stay updated on all the latest home and garden trends! It's free & easy and takes just a sec!