Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 02.09.14

DIY Subway Art - No Die Cutter Required!

This subway art was created using street names printed out from Word, Mod Podge, and paint. It's so easy to make, and you don't need a fancy die cutter.

To see more: http://modpodgerocksblog.com/2012/02/diy-city-subway-art.html

9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Becky J Troy, IL
    I love the subway pictures, but they are too expensive to buy and I didn't want to purchase all size of stencils. I doubt I would have time to do what you did, but I may try someday!
  • Leslie D Las Vegas, NV
    We did something similar, and made it relevant to our area, by using the names of the demolished casinos in Las Vegas. I had a reprographic company cut the stencil that I made in MS Publisher ($20...cheaper than buying stencils), scaling to fit an
  • HighlandContractors Rochester, NY
    I'm all for DIY projects that save you money! Gotta put this idea on file...
  • These are so awesome!! The best Subway Art Tutorial that I've ever seen!
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    I am clipping this one! You have made this so much easier on us that don't have a vinyl machine but who love the look.
  • You had me at no die cut - and easy!
  • Rachel Medina Ogallala, NE
    What a wonderful idea! I have been wanting subway art in my house and I have been looking at various places on "easy" DIY, This seems to be the ticket:) Looks great!!
  • Terri J York, PA
    Fantastic - guess my 2 ft. stack of old magazines will be coming in handy very soon. I really like this!
  • Tanya Peterson Felsheim Grants Pass, OR
    Ok Scanning the slat color is GENIUS! That is how you got it done! even when the paper fades you will have the color underneath...that is the part I had to rush over and see! Now in photoshop so much easier than word...but same idea just is made for