Removing Microwave Stains

I've been slowing making my way through the kitchen and yesterday I cleaned the microwave. The burned-on stains are the tough to remove but with a trick up my sleeve the task was much easier. Fill a bowl with 1/2 cup of vinegar and 1/2 cup of water. Bring the mixture to a boil for about 30 seconds in the microwave and then stop the heating mode. Let it stand for several minutes. The vapor will help loosen up the stains and make them much easier to remove. #CleaningTricks

To see more: http://blog.homespothq.com/2013/01/microwave-cleaning-trick/

• Dusti B
    Dusti B Carmichael, CA
    I am pretty OCD about my kitchen being clean/sanitary etc. I know almost immediately if somebody splatters the microwave or cooks greasy stuff on the stove. Black glass top gas stove is wonderful for cooking...shows dirt/oil so I clean it a lot. Just
  • Wanda Forrest
    Wanda Forrest Huntington, TX
    I have saved quite a bit of money by using a mixture of original blue Dawn & vinegar for most cleaning in my house. For tubs, I spray this mixture all over the tub and then sprinkle baking soda over that, let it sit 5 min. and then just wipe stains and
  • Margaret
    Margaret Blackfoot, ID
    Wanda, do you put any water with the dawn, vinegar mixture? and what proportions do you use? Thanks!
    • Mtn girl
      Mtn girl Loganton, PA
      I use equal parts vinegar & blue dawn. Put into a scrub wand and quickly scrub my shower while taking one. HTH
  • Andrea
    Andrea Flowery Branch, GA
    I like the way vinegar deoderizes
  • Sharon
    Sharon Hamburg, NY
    I tried using the dawn/vinegar combination but I really could not stand the smell! No one else has that problem?
HomeSpot HQ