Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
DIY to Try 02.24.14

DIY $8 Faux Malachite Boxes

I was inspired to make my own set of malachite boxes after seeing a $200 set. Want to make a set of your own? Visit my blog for the full tutorial!
Time: 2 Days Cost: $8 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.desertdomicile.com/2013/01/diy-8-faux-malachite-boxes.html

4 Comments Displaying 4 of 4 comments
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Very pretty Caitlin. I did this years ago, but am so happy you brought it up again. I love faux finishes like this. I still have the "tools" (I did mine using a rubber triangle faux finish tool with different width "teeth"). Just need to find the time now.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Pam Shipman
    Pam Shipman Machesney Park, IL
    You make it look so easy. I hope mine looks as good when I attempt this. Thanks for sharing!
  • Caitlin @ Desert Domicile
    Thanks Becky and Pam Shipman! I can't wait to see your boxes :)
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    You're welcome Caitlin. I have a very plain slide open box with non-existant grain that would work perfectly for this, but I'm not sure where it's stored at the moment.
Caitlin @ Desert Domicile

Join the home and garden knowledge hub. It's free & easy and only takes a second!