Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Wall Mounted Bookshelves

While updating our daughter's bedroom, my husband and I wanted to add some storage for her many books. We made these bookshelves that are at a perfect height for her and let her see exactly what she's looking for! #InspiredBy

To see more: http://www.thegoldensycamore.com/2013/01/wall-mounted-bookshelves.html

12 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 12 of 12 comments
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    These look great. Good idea.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    These are great Allison. I've been wanting something similar in the library for our children's books, but we've not had time to make them yet. They're so much easier for a child to see what books they want read to them or to read than a standard bookshelf.
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    I love the look, but I have to admit I don't have any incentive to make this type of bookshelf.

I can't figure it out, but my two-year-old (who can't read yet) has figured out how to identify his books from their spines

• Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Wow Steve, that's impressive. I used to be a reading teachers assistant and I tell you that's a very good sign that you're little guy is already recognizing words as a whole.
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    I can't figure it out. I actually don't think he's reading the spines. He was doing it before he even knew his letters.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    He still could very well be recognizing the words Steve. Like you can probably recognize a word even when it's blurry or in the far distance because of the basic shape of the word...
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    That makes sense. I think that's what he's doing.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Yep. You have one smart little guy there Steve. But then, I'm sure you already knew that.
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    What can I say? He takes after dad! (actually, I think mom is way smarter than me, and he definitely takes after her, even if he looks just like me).
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Ha ha ha. Though I don't know your wife, I do know you enough to know even if she IS smarter, you're little guy is very lucky to have a Daddy like you Steve.
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Thanks Becky. You're too kind.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    No I'm not. :^D
The Golden Sycamore

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing