Glass swag globes from the 60's used in the garden.

garden stuff 09.21.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
  • These are old glass swag globes from the 60's.We have had them hanging in our trees for 20 years.
  • Sharon
    Sharon Knoxville, TN
    Oh my gosh. I LOVE THEM> I know just were to go to get me some! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
  • Dianne H
    Dianne H Bay Minette, AL
    could put little solar lights inside them and have light provided at night.
  • Cindi Lakes
    So when there is a windstorm do you take them down? How do they keep from breaking hung so close to each other? Guess I'm the practical one, but if I want to do it, I am wondering the obvious question...
  • Connie E
    Connie E Shawnee, OK
    I've used them for years
  • Better Outdoor Living at Home
    Fun idea - It certainly adds color to the winter landscape!
  • HappyCamper
    HappyCamper Essexville, MI
    I wish I had a tree.
  • Tammy Lynn Hebert
    Tammy Lynn Hebert Sanford, NC
    Awesome colorful idea.
  • Kate F
    Kate F New Britain, CT
    I like this idea - it adds color during the whiteout of winter. back in the '80's, I had one of those chandeliers where you had panels of etched glass hanging from a brass frame, when I moved I took it with me and still have the glass panels that I hoped
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H New York, NY
    oh be still my beating heart...if I had passed by and seen this , I would have stopped and knocked on your door and just gushed at how beautiful they are. Or stopped and taken a picture and maybe you would have thought I was scoping out your home. This
  • Madreocho
    Madreocho Dallas, TX
    Love it!
  • Marilyn B
    Marilyn B Ortonville, MI
    Hi Linda!

Yes it is a small world...I live in Groveland Twp. and work in Flint....Love driving Grange Hall and Trip Roads :) Enjoy

• Linda R
    Linda R Holly, MI
    Marilyn , what a small world we live in. Give a toot as you go by. ;-). Happy hunting to everyone looking for globes now.
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    Absolutely breathtaking w/ the snow falling down around them.
  • Tina @ Repurposed Life
    What a beautiful idea:) Love it!!!
  • Terri Austill
    Terri Austill Godfrey, IL
    Cool idea!
Linda R

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post