Easy Melt & Pour Fall Scented Soap - Make 12 Bars in a Hour!

$25

School has begun, the temperatures are starting to fall, and pumpkin spice everything has arrived. I recently made an easy melt & pour fall scented soap that I've just fallen in love with! Close your eyes, and imagine inhaling clove, cinnamon and orange zest. Sounds amazing, right? Today, I’ll show you how to capture that perfect blend of these autumn aromas into homemade honey glycerin fall scented soap.
What You’ll Need for this Easy Melt & Pour Fall Scented Soap: 2 lb block of Our Earth's Secrets Honey Glycerin Soap Base – this is enough for 12 bars Silicone Mold Orange Essential Oil Clove Essential Oil Cinnamon Essential Oil 1/4 cup Ground Walnut Shells 2 cup glass measuring cup (Pyrex is my favorite) burlap ribbon, twine, and cinnamon sticks Makes 12 bars
I like this particular soap base because it's the perfect color for a fall scent. Plus, it has grade A honey in it!! It is also natural with no harsh chemicals. Combine this with essential oils and walnut shells, you have a natural soap that doesn't contain harsher ingredients like you'll find the cheaper soaps from the store! I also I like that this soap base is a product of USA!
For this fall scent, I combined 3 essential oils - Clove Bud, Cinnamon Leaf (cinnamon bark will also work) and Sweet Orange. What's nice about making your own melt & pour soaps is that you can create your own custom scents. I particularly like this combo. But if you have other oils on hand that emulate autumn air - like vanilla, sandalwood, patchouli, ginger or Frankincense - you can mix and match and create different versions of fall scented soap.
Start by taking one of your 1lb blocks of soap and cut it into cubes. This soap is very easy to cut with a sharp knife. Place the cubes into your Pyrex measuring cup.
Microwave it in 30 second intervals, stirring each time. It took about 2 minutes for mine to completely melt.
I then added 1/4 cup of crushed walnut shells. (My 7 year old loved helping me pour in the ingredients!) Adding crushed walnut shells really is optional, but I love adding them for both texture and exfoliating purposes when using the soap. If you want your soap smooth, you can leave this step out. For my fall scent oil combo, I used 20 drops of orange essential oil, 10 of clove and 10 of cinnamon. If you like your soap to be really potent smelling, then I'd double that.
Next you will want to pour it into the silicone mold. 1 lb of soap base makes 6 bars. So after you make 2 batches, your 12 soap molds will be full.
Wait a few hours for your soap to cool and harden, and you can pop it out of the mold. You can see that most of the walnut shells sunk to the bottom - which is nice because you have one side of the soap that will be specifically for exfoliation.
I added some burlap ribbon, some twine, and a small stick of cinnamon for the perfect DIY gift idea! Now that school has begun, I'm sure teachers would just adore a bar of this as a back to school gift idea! I have a great soap recipe for a Lavender Goat's Milk version you can check out OVER HERE!OVER HERE!

• Honey glycerin soap base  (http://amzn.to/2cFhk9F)
  • Ground walnut shells  (http://amzn.to/2cFi3ay)
  • Clove, Cinnamon, and Orange Essential Oils  (Wegmans)

Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Maura White

• Way13908220

Can search salt be used instead of the ground walnuts?

• Maura White

I've never tried it! I don't see why you couldn't! If you try it, come back and let us know! The salt could be really drying on the hands though - maybe sugar would be better?

• Beverly Gillooly

Could crushed mustard seeds be used ?

• Theresa Johnson

I am relatively new to soap making, and I have been a little leery of using essential oils to add scent as some of them warn against contact with your skin. I've been purchasing scents specifically made for soap making. Have you or anyone else who has used these experienced any issue with sensitivity? What brand are you using?
    • Maura White

high quality essential oils like Rocky Mountain oils, Young Living, DoTerra, Aura Cacia are meant to be on the skin for health purposes. Adding them to the soap dilutes them as well. I'd much rather have a natural essential oil on my skin than a synthetic scent made with who knows what.