Karl
Karl
  • Kernersville, NC

Meditation room

Michele PappagalloSharonGranny Jan
+5

what colors for walls? any items or figures to put in their? shelves? ceiling designs? etc... any ideas for calm and lovely room

what colors do you like,how much light is in the room,what color is the furniture,is there a carpet. paint colors are very personal ,when choosing tale all that in to count for selection of colors
  • Linda Sikut

Hi Karl, the most calming color is shades of blue. Obviously, not bright blue, but a soft color that looks restful to you. Another calming item would be a 20 gal., or more tropical fish take - a mini-aquarium. Angel fish always look so calming to me. If you'll be using the floor for mediation, you'll want something soft on the floor and you might actually improve the restfulness with a blue ceiling. I would do a different color from the walls - maybe a grayish blue. Fill the room with candle light - either from real candles or from faux candles. Today's faux candles have taken a giant step forward in the way they look. You could arrange them on mini or small shelves throughout the room to keep the lighting soft when you meditate. A playlist of soothing music would add to the enjoyment, as well as a diffuser using lavender scent - or any other scent that is calming to you. If you will be meditating in a chair, make sure that the chair is comfortable and fits you well. You don't want to be uncomfortable when you're focusing on your meditation. Personally, I'd like flowing sheer curtains that are white or a coordinating shade of blue. You could layer them and drape the top curtain back at the window length and hold them with soft black drape holders. As far as other furniture and other accessories, that would be up to you. I wish you the best as you create this beautiful, soothing space.
  • Kba28478716

This link had some good ideas for a zen room.
  • Kim

Hi I'm thinking a nice light shade of grey.
  • Eag27369459

I love the ocean. It has soft blues, greens and sand on the beach for my toes. Those colors always relax me.
  • Granny Jan

For me, soft blues. Only one object in the room. Too many things distract. A plant is nice. Good luck, Meditation is hard for me. My mind turns to mush after two minutes.
  • Sharon

Oh I love to do this, myself I like a nice soft green or a pale buttery yellow, and Feng Shui uses violet and pinks more. Most have some kind of meditation mandala either a fabric hanging or framed picture, or painted on the wall.... https://www.google.com/search?q=fabric+meditation+mandala&client=opera&hs=tvC&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjCzqTbjdPWAhVN_WMKHSrsB30Q7AkIcA&biw=1366&bih=629 the 6th row down on left is the Tibetan Buddhist Sand Mandala I prefer which teaches the dharma of impermenance.
    I would put some kind of CD player or your Iphone with some music or guided meditation, you can find alot of this on YouTube.
    Have the ability to lower the lighting by putting a dimmer switch on the overhead light switch. Luminescent candles are great.
    I have a Buddha alter as my meditation focus as in Feng Shui, I used to assist the Feng Shui expert in San Francisco.
    So I like the Feng Shui principles and I incorporate the elements of water, earth, and fire. https://www.google.com/search?q=feng+shui+meditation&client=opera&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiChNv8jtPWAhUM0mMKHWH3DE4Q7AkIYw&biw=1366&bih=629 Hope this helps
  • Michele Pappagallo

I always think shades of blue or green are very zen and relaxing. choose one that appeals to you...probably a muted shade would be best. for accessories, try using a few pieces that are simple, but striking....a vase with tall bamboo or branches in it.....a shallow dish with some sort of filler (potpourri, seashells, etc), wall art that represents calm things....ocean pics, forest pics, nature, etc.