How to paint 70s brown paneling?

+8
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Mar 23, 2018
    clean,prime,and paint
  • Jcraw Jcraw on Mar 23, 2018
    Clean, clean, clean. It was an era of smoking. Good quality primer and paint
  • Gk Gk on Mar 23, 2018
    Paint with a eggshell or satin finish paint for easier washing down the road.
  • Janet Panos Janet Panos on Mar 23, 2018
    Hello Margaret. Here is a comprehensive guide on how to paint your wood paneling. It also lists the materials that you will need and provides tips on how to make the job easier. Click on the link below to view the guide. Good luck!

• Margarite Margarite on Mar 23, 2018
    Thank you.
  • Amanda Amanda on Mar 23, 2018
    Hi Margarite. First make sure the paneling is clean. I would wipe it done with a wet rag. Then fill any nail holes with a paintable wood filler, or Spackle. Then you will want to prime it. When I painted paneling the oil base primer worked much better than a latex base. After that has dried you are ready to paint on your color. Good Luck!
  • Margarite Margarite on Mar 23, 2018
    Thank you. I can't wait to start.
  • Janet Miller Janet Miller on Mar 24, 2018
    we had that in the dinning room. I lightly sanded it an put a primer coat on it, let dry an put a coat of paint on it, maybe two coats. Over the years has been painted many times an I still love the look.
  • Msc12149616 Msc12149616 on Mar 24, 2018
    Clean and degrease thoroughly. I didn't sand, the degreaser was enough. I used wood putty for some scratches to smooth them out, then used Kilz to cover and prime, then painted. Changed colors a couple of times, still looks great.
  • Margarite Margarite on Mar 24, 2018
    Thank you
  • Christel Christel on Mar 25, 2018
    I would do a light sanding, just to help ensure the paint adheres to the surface.