Peggy
Peggy

Kitchen wall color suggestions?

AliceBetsyFaith Provencher | Design Fixation
+6

What color are your kitchen walls?

i have black granite look counters; stainless appliances; kitchen table and chairs that I painted black leaving the table top natural wood; white cabinets

My walls are paneled and I painted them years ago a golden mustard color

im ready for a fresh new color

any suggestions?

thanks

• I also have white cabinets and black granite counters... I used a light sage green color and we get tons of compliments!

• Alice

I'm going to redo my kitchen. Everything is white with stainless steel appliances. I want granite countertops. I intend on painting the walls but l can't decide between pale mustard or dry mustard. After posting them here, I may go with the one on the right, dry mustard. Everything in my house has always been in the peach tones I think I'm going to try something different.

I'm a fan of yellow walls in the kitchen. Years ago, when I was a child, there was a colour called 'Duckling', it was a pale muted yellow and I just loved it. Mom had it in the kitchen for years. It was beautiful. Unfortunately, my walls are a light buff beige and one wall is wallpaper with a small print and I put a zillion pictures of chickens on it:) Love chickens! I don't have a 'kitchen' area, per se, but it opens up on the family room so the colours have to sort of flow:( I'd love a kitchen room, but alas, it's not to be.

• Alice

You're tired of that color and that's the one I want. I had originally wanted a teal but my husband didn't care for that. He's very traditional in his ideas, but I love it. Maybe it's too beachy...lol

My husband might like the 2nd one, it's a little between teal & green. Now Peg, you've made me start rethinking things.

• Peggy

I loved it when I painted it but you know how you like to change things up every once and while or st least I do lol

go for it

my grown daughters love it