I started making stools from empty cable spools

CareyKimberly Schoffler BoynesAshley
+18

Do you think there is a market for these?
  • Faraeha
    Faraeha

I think if u make ottoman out of these or cofee tables it wd be a complete hit

• Stephany Trott
    Stephany Trott

Love the concept but maybe a little less frill for a wider market. Buyer can always dress them up to suit personal taste. So in this case basic dressings for sales. The pictures give rise to other imagination. I say AWESOME concept. and Faraeha makes a point you could sell them as a set.. The black and white is my favorite here. WTG and good luck..Keep us posted.

• Linda J
    Linda J

I love your samples. I think, however, that these are quite juvenile. Maybe a bit more grown up and rustic would suit a larger market. Why not offer both?!

• Mcgypsy9
    Mcgypsy9

I think there is a market for stools from spools but these are just to fufu, frilly, gaudy. Tone it down maybe make the tops of the seats a bit higher/more taylored, maybe feet on them, cubbies under them..etc. There are soooo many options! You really did a cute job on these but I just don't see a market. Sorry : (

• Renee
    Renee

Thanks everyone. I have a 7 year old little girl who uses her stool for everything, especially when coloring or drawing. So I had pictured kids using them. So that is why they are a bit busy and frilly. I have more "grown up" ones in the making.

• Ms. A
    Ms. A

you are on your way, girl. Just broaden your horizon a bit!

• Chris aka monkey
    Chris aka monkey

@Renee there is a market for everything i think kids would love these stools, i see all kinds of ideas ,football themed baseball,animals, just have fun .... how do you plan to sell them if i may ask? xx

• Renee
      Renee

Anyway I can. We have done sports themes and I have a race car one I'm working on too.

• Lee Cunningham Green
    Lee Cunningham Green

Yes i do, and you should look for the other size spools as well tables and stools I would like a spool stool set in my yard!

• Dezzy
    Dezzy

CUTE--I could also see 3 or 4 together as an ottoman.

• Linda T
    Linda T

Top 2. Fabric fabulous, bows and whistles awful! Unless it's child sized, this should have black or charcoal pillar too. Just let the classy fabric speak for itself>

• Renee
      Renee

Thanks for your input. These are for children, as they only sit about 14-15" high.

• Lisa Davis
    Lisa Davis

Renee you should take these to Affair of the Heart. People would for sure love them for their kids rooms! Fantastic!

• Donna Wood
    Donna Wood

to frilly tone it done some and they will sell better

• Renee
      Renee

They are frilly because, I think they are a perfect size for children to use.

• Sharolyn T
    Sharolyn T

OK...I see frilly...I also see denim which isn't really frilly...I personally love them all...frilliness included!! I would decide what age you are targeting and go for it. There are people who like the industrial look...try something to fit that market...then there are people with Victorian, country, rustic, teens, Americana, on and on...you have the whole decorating world to choose from...go for it!!

• Renee
      Renee

Thank you. These are only about 14-15 inches high, so I think they are best suited for children to use. I am working on some boy themes to add.

• Ashley
    Ashley

These are great! So cute!

• Kimberly Schoffler Boynes
    Kimberly Schoffler Boynes

they are darling

• Carey
    Carey

All the business sites that I have looked at have said to look for the best market for what you are doing and then aim for that! Do some from each suggestion and see what goes best and then aim for that market! These are really sweet for a little girls room.