How do I paint a border on a builder grade vanity mirror

+2
mirror is mounted on the wall using very ugly mirror clips

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jan 05, 2018
    Painting a border on a bathroom mirror is not recommended as it will be very hard to maintain. Water, humidity, and constant cleaning normal to a bathroom will cause the paint to quickly chip, peel, and soon look shabby.

If you have your heart set on a mirror with a border, then purchase a separate mirror that is already set in a frame.

• Gimme Gimme on Jan 05, 2018
    Have you tried contact paper? There are nice prints and cutting a small strip & applying to your mirror as a border might work.

• Janet Panos Janet Panos on Jan 05, 2018
    Hello! You can also build a frame to fit around the outer edge of the mirror to cover up the ugly mirror clips. Click on the link below to see how to do it. Good luck!

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jan 05, 2018
    I would use a stencil and etching powder and you will have a frosted/etched border that should look gorgeous.

• Klg26161596 Klg26161596 on Jan 06, 2018
    I put border around mine and bought the frame pieces made just for that from Lowe’s a few years ago, don’t know if they still sell it or not, but it worked and looked really nice!