I want to white wash/chalk paint 2 small table tops.

+3
I have figured out to purchase paint I like and then add some ingredient (?). It is a small project and I want it to be simple. Can you help me with easiest way to do?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 09, 2018
    white wash or chalk paint two different principles?????

• Rita Rita on Jan 09, 2018
    I’m not a fan of chalk paints durability as for a table that will get a lot of use. I’ve used plain old flat paint from the hardware store. Most also sell a dark wax that can be brushed on then wiped off to give the table a more “antiqued” or “worn” look. Finish with a coat of polycrylic to add durability.

• Rita Rita on Jan 09, 2018
    I am not a fan of chalk paints durability and usually use flat paint from the hardware. However if you already have the paint you can use a dark wax over the top. You brush it on and wipe it off. It gives the piece an antiqued look. Also put a coat of polycrylic on at least the top to make it more durable. Goood luck.

• Gale Allen Jenness Gale Allen Jenness on Jan 09, 2018
    You can thin paint down where it’s almost like water and spraying it works best! But you could wipe it on with a rag too. Just take a little practice to get a even coat on how you want it! Let dry completely then you can lacquer or varnish over the white wash

• P Howell P Howell on Jan 09, 2018
    I will try this.. Thanks