Wall Paint Color?

+15
I’m trying to find a wall paint color to compliment my THOMAS Kinkade wall canvas and am at a loss. The room gets a lot of light. See pics below.
q wall paint color
Downloaded from the Kinkade site...I know colors won’t look exactly right, but it’s as close as I can get.

q wall paint color
This is placed above fireplace.
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 15, 2017
    I would use a deeper gray or perhaps the color in the center that is light. If it were me, I'd bring home a bunch of sample colors and tape them next to the frame with no gap. I'd slowly remove the ones I didn't like to find the one that I did like. Be sure to look at it in daylight and in lamp light in the evening. However you also have to keep the color of your fireplace in mind unless you want to paint that too. Color is always a personal choice. While I might like a soft yellow or a deep gray, you might hate both of them. Wishing you the best.

• FL FL on Dec 15, 2017
    What about one of the shades of beige from the sky? It is warmer than white and yet neutral. You can also go with a light shade of gray-blue from the sky. You can actually take the painting to the paint store and have them match a color perfectly.

• Rfr21099229 Rfr21099229 on Dec 15, 2017
    baby blue or grass green

• Priscilla Priscilla on Dec 15, 2017
    would go with a light camel color. That would not take away from the beautiful picture

• Amanda Amanda on Dec 15, 2017
    I would go with a gray blue, or a golden yellow. It would make the photo pop! Good Luck.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 15, 2017
    what color is the furniture? Is there a carpet in the room?

• Barbara German Barbara German on Dec 16, 2017
      Furniture is taupe and dark brow n...no carpet but an area rug with subtle blue and red.

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 15, 2017
    Paint is changeable...... I would go to a fabric store, like Joann's and find solid fabrics that match the colors in your painting (probably the quilting dept. ) choose all the colors... the one that makes the painting the star of the show.... may not be the one you are first attracted to. Find a place where you can spread out a yard or so of the fabric and put your painting on the fabric... the choice will be obvious... because the painting will just jump off of the background. Now match the paint to the fabric. I would also buy a couple of yards of an upholstery fabric in the color you chose.. to make throw pillows from .

Thank you everyone for you wonderful suggestions!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 16, 2017
    To be honest since paint colors are so personal,I would gather paint chips and see what works best color wise in your room with the lighting etc. What some will advise may not work.the only way I have found paint color selections is to bring home swatches and then color samples tested on the wall.

• Rhonda Galvin Rhonda Galvin on Dec 17, 2017
    I would say some shade of a light gray

• Kris Kris on Dec 17, 2017
    Find a blue with a tint of gray...similar to the color of the roofs in the painting. That will definitely make the painting pop!

• Rus31434690 Rus31434690 on Dec 17, 2017
    Consider using the almost unseen colors that you love in the painting such as the color of the light house, the green of the grass or dome, the color of the light, or the color that highlights the clouds. Don't forget you can go richer to Jewell tones as well as paler into pastels OR take a dominant color from the painting and use its compliment from the color wheel. Color wheels and their uses are explained on the internet. Blend this with your other respondents suggestions and you'll have it! Your own taste and the room will help you find what you want. When you narrow choices down to a few colors, use sample paints to paint "frames" on your wall as wide as your sample will allow. (Don't waste the small amount of paint you get in the sample on the part of the wall that will be behind the picture, but make certain the color Hang the picture inside each of the color "frames" and choose your favorite. Go for both beauty and how you want to feel in the room.

• Wie32090009 Wie32090009 on Dec 17, 2017
    I'm really thinking a soft blue. Paint fireplace an bluish white to compliment art, and pull the space together. It's a nautical seen and bright space, a flat ski blue paint would be awesome .

• Mat3813597 Mat3813597 on Dec 18, 2017
    Modern gray by sw?

• Gloria Gloria on Dec 19, 2017
    try Martha Stewart’s “Acorn Squash”