Concrete Pumpkin Project ~

Out door projects 2 days ago
Summer is fading into fall so it's time for mums, football and of course pumpkins! I've made hypertufa-concrete orbs in the past and thought pumpkins would be a fun little project as well ~ cheap plastic treat pumpkins make great molds!
I gathered my supplies...hypertufa-concrete is a mix or peat moss, perlite & cement most recipes call for portland cement I used vinyl concrete patching cement I had left over from another project ~ I also added some cement color additive because I didn't want my finished pumpkins to be cement gray...
I mixed up my ingredients and added some color ~ my mix was approximately 2 cups of concrete to 1 cup each of the peat moss & perlite ~ I added enough water to make a thick cottage cheese type texture...
I covered the hole in the bottom with a piece of duct tape, sprayed the inside of my pumpkins with cooking spray to keep the mixture from sticking and filled them to the top...I used rail road spikes for stems I pushed them right down the center, the mix was thick enough to hold them upright while they dried...
I set them aside to dry for a few days and then got to work on removing the plastic pumpkin molds ~ I used a utility knife to slice down the sides and then pealed them right off...
Jack-o-lantern side for Halloween...
Turned around they work right through Thanksgiving!

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/dianasdiyden

on This Post

• Alanna Lashlee
  • Bridgett Junkin
  • Nancy Tekien Dudock

Diana Wearing