Hometalk.com

01.23.12

Need Advice about false reviews on our google business listing

Since hometalkers are some of the most honest and ethical people that I have had the pleasure of interacting with on the internet- I need your advice.

There is another remodeling company in our work area spamming our review sites including Google places. We have all positive review expect for a few 1 star reviews that are coming from one of my competitors. Should I ignore them and keep on getting good reviews from real clients and trades? Or should I get a few hometalkers to give us good reviews to counteract the negative reviews that are not real? I would never do this to another company even if I did not like them. It is not the ethical thing to do. Here is our places page for your reference- http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=sawhorse...

464 on Jan 04, 2012
34 Comments Displaying 15 of 34 comments | See Previous
  • I agree with Teresa..what goes around comes around..the cream always rises to the top. Continue to do good work, treat your customers as you would good friends and the rest will take care of itself. I don't think want to take up valuable time
  • SawHorse.net Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for all of the advice. I will just continue to solicit "real" reviews from our clients.

@Amazing- I think that a class for NARI members would be useful. You could also offer it to hometalk

• Hewitt Remodeling Service... Virginia Beach, VA
    Several interesting posts. It is unfortunate but true that we at times must take the good with the bad that comes with advancing technology. Displaying bad things about one or one's company can now be done.... and visible to a large number of folks by a
  • SawHorse.net Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for all of your advice. I ended up calling the person giving the "fake" reviews and told them this: "Perhaps you were unaware, however someone on your staff has given us false review on Google places. As a professional, can you help us get these
    Well done Matt....
  • Just a tease but I'll be including the topic of bogus reviews and false complaints in one of my presentations at NARIAtlanta University at the Cobb Galleria on May 8. Whether you are a GA state licensed contractor (continuing ed credits will be
  • Teresa D Snellville, GA
    Good deal, SawHorse. I know that takes a load off your mind.
  • Great way to handle it without being combative, love it.
  • SawHorse.net Atlanta, GA
    Thanks @Sheila- I have enough stress in my life without creating enemies.

I sit on several boards and would give positive reviews to any of my competitors that sit on the boards as well. People

• Matt, your lucky they backed off. My "irratation" keeps at it daily. They have a tracking software for craigslist. Whenever I post an ad, they recieve notification and flag the ad till it is flagged off the site. Generally a 30-60 minute ad lifespan.
  • SawHorse.net Atlanta, GA
    If you belong to some of the same trade organizations, you can always file a claim with the ethics board. You can also hire an attorney. I believe that Kevin specializes in this sort of business.
  • I wish... this person runs a criminal operation and works as far under the radar as ya can. I can't even find a current business license on them, yet they project their appearance as the best in the biz in the Atlanta metro. Where we maintain an A
  • Matt, Kevin and I have discussed the matter. I'll share this off line with ya.
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Sounds like its time to get the attorney general involved...just the 23 phony business name scream FRAUD to me.
  • SawHorse.net Atlanta, GA
    I agree with KMS- this needs to get kicked up to the next level.