Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Hoffner Landscaping & Nursery Project

10.19.13
A project we just finished this week I wanted to share. This was a small yard that got a lot of work, I wanted to extend an existing small patio that was 24" off the ground and only 135 square feet to 550 square foot, this required retaining walls and using thin pavers on the existing patio and matching thick pavers for the areas we extended. We also built a lower patio that was at ground level with a custom built pergola and water urn that the water disappeared into the pavers. This project also had 1250 psi misting system and 5 outdoor fans to keep the client cool during our hot season. The lighting was from Unique Lighting Systems, we added some nice features to the lighting system, in the pergola there are 4 down lights that we put on a switch as well as a spot light on the water feature is on a switch we also put up lights on the Christmas palm by the spa that was on a switch. By installing these lights on on/off switches we give our client the ability to have many different atmospheres for different occasions. With the patio and spa are 24" off the ground, privacy was essential; we installed Podocarpus hedges that were over 9 feet tall giving instant privacy in the back of the yard along the alley way and from the street in the front of the yard. In the landscaping we used field grown Chinese fan Palms, 45 gallon Oak Leaf Hollies and 30 gallon Christmas Palms along
8 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 8 of 8 comments
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Wow, that space really has all the bells and whistles now. Great job.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Beautiful work! Thank you for sharing such great detail.
  • Terry H
    Terry H Charleston, SC
    This is so beautiful. You did an amazing job.
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Ssssssssssigh!!! Gorgeous. Bet there'll be some great parties there!!
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Great work. Love that pergola.
  • Yamini LEED AP at Urbanmotifs
    Wonder when I can afford a space this this, those palms and water fall is just what I have on my list for my backyard
  • Kelly F
    Kelly F Freeport, PA
    Lovely! And a ton of work. I love the crazy quilt pavers. I am surprised that they don't want any grass at all? I live in western PA- all grass and hardwood forests. :)
  • Ruth12345
    Ruth12345 Dickson, TN
    great job!
Hoffner Nursery & Landscaping
  • Likes

Andrea C Solutions Electric, Inc. Nena D Mosquito Curtains, Inc. Susan S Les Penfield Mak Meyers