Hoffner Landscaping & Nursery Project

A project we just finished this week I wanted to share. This was a small yard that got a lot of work, I wanted to extend an existing small patio that was 24" off the ground and only 135 square feet to 550 square foot, this required retaining walls and using thin pavers on the existing patio and matching thick pavers for the areas we extended. We also built a lower patio that was at ground level with a custom built pergola and water urn that the water disappeared into the pavers. This project also had 1250 psi misting system and 5 outdoor fans to keep the client cool during our hot season. The lighting was from Unique Lighting Systems, we added some nice features to the lighting system, in the pergola there are 4 down lights that we put on a switch as well as a spot light on the water feature is on a switch we also put up lights on the Christmas palm by the spa that was on a switch. By installing these lights on on/off switches we give our client the ability to have many different atmospheres for different occasions. With the patio and spa are 24" off the ground, privacy was essential; we installed Podocarpus hedges that were over 9 feet tall giving instant privacy in the back of the yard along the alley way and from the street in the front of the yard. In the landscaping we used field grown Chinese fan Palms, 45 gallon Oak Leaf Hollies and 30 gallon Christmas Palms along
  • Before
  • Building the walls
  • Underground drainage for rain water, drains for the Summer Kitchen sink and fresh water going to Summer Kitchen
  • Thin pavers mortared down
  • Completed raised patio, the transition from thin pavers to thick pavers in inconceivable. The Summer Kitchen will be located in-between the two columns, we have pre-installed a drain for the sink, fresh water for the sink, 110 power for the outlets and two low voltage circuits, one for back lighting built into the Kitchen and one switched circuit for down lights aimed at the grill.
  • Lower patio, pergola and water feature. Notice the privacy created by the large Podocarpus
  • Back of yard and pathway to garage and alley way
  • Finished Picture
  • Finished Picture
  • Misting fans are a misting
  • Water Urn
  • Oak Leaf Hollies
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Ssssssssssigh!!! Gorgeous. Bet there'll be some great parties there!!
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Great work. Love that pergola.
  • Yamini LEED AP at Urbanmotifs
    Wonder when I can afford a space this this, those palms and water fall is just what I have on my list for my backyard
  • Kelly F
    Kelly F Freeport, PA
    Lovely! And a ton of work. I love the crazy quilt pavers. I am surprised that they don't want any grass at all? I live in western PA- all grass and hardwood forests. :)
  • Ruth12345
    Ruth12345 Dickson, TN
    great job!
Hoffner Nursery & Landscaping
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post