My Whitewashed Brick Mantel for Fall

I whitewashed my brick hearth and painted my mantel and paneling above in a creamy white. I'm still thrilled with the result! I just gave my family room a new look for fall and added a few thrift store finds.
Here is the "before" of my old brick hearth and unpainted mantel. I had already painted the paneling above before I took the pic.
The whitewash added a lot of light in the room. I painted the mantel in Annie Sloan chalk paint in the color Old White. The paneling was in Benjamin Moore Muslin.
I think that the lighter brick and mantel allow the pictures and knickknacks to pop out more.
I just bought this great basket from a thrift store - a great find!
More thrift store finds...
I just added this caned coffee table I purchased last week from a yard sale. It's a great size and has nice lines.
All done for fall!

To see more: http://www.thepainteddrawer.com/2014/10/a-caned-table-and-a-family-room-for-fall.html

on This Post

• Gail Pucciarelli
    Gail Pucciarelli Kennebunkport, ME
    This room is gorgeous! Love it!
  • Susan Rawlings
    Susan Rawlings Avon, OH
    The entire room looks awesome! Great job on the fireplace.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Lafayette, TN
    You did such a beautiful job, it looks amazing
  • Elizabeth Dion
    Elizabeth Dion Danville, VA
    What a vast improvement on the appearance of the fireplace and mantel! I recently whitewashed the fireplace and brick walls in my family room to take my home out of the 70's. I didn't go as light as you did...just enough to tone down the glaring, flat
  • Virginia
    virginia Halifax, VA
    Nice
The Painted Drawer by Suzanne Bagheri