Asked on Sep 20, 2015

What to do with unwanted CDs

Tracy AtkinMellodeerozCathy Matthews
+4

I have loads of them and I don't want to bin them.
  • Ruth Scott
    Ruth Scott

you can make sun catchers for your window with them. http://makezine.com/projects/peel-paint-cd-sun-catchers/

• Belle Lindauer
    Belle Lindauer

My friend took photos of her children/grandchildren, and attached them to the old CD's and then trimmed them with fancy bric a brac and used them to trim a "Special" tree for Christmas, which stands in her front foyer each holiday season..

Janet Pizaro

Try looking under the craft section of home talk to see what others have created and maybe an idea will spark.

• Geri Eller
    Geri Eller

Pintrest may have some ideas.

• Cathy Matthews
    Cathy Matthews

if you are a gardener this idea is a great way to keep birds and some animals out of your garden. punch a hole in the edge of the cd and put a piece of string through the hole. it does not have to be long, just enough that the cd can twist and move in the wind. tie them from poles or run a rope from one end of the garden to the other. the flashing just freaks the birds and animals out and they will stay away.

• Mellodeeroz
    Mellodeeroz

Make a room divider. You can Google CD room dividers and lots of images come up. Lots of great ideas.

• Tracy Atkin
    Tracy Atkin

I saw a photo of them used as a backsplash which is something I dream of doing.