Asked on Nov 23, 2015

Wire fire screens

Kathy BitzanFaye CampbellMarthe Dubner Seales
+8

Has anyone ever come up with an idea for those black wire fire screens? There's one in our basement, as the fireplace here now has a glass insert...just wondering.
  • Kelly
    Kelly

I used mine in my flower garden, placing it in a back corner that I had a small planting of climbing miny roses. it worked well and allowed the burst of colors from the roses to be actually seen. I drove it in the ground about 6" for sturdiness.

Janet Pizaro

Without seeing what the screens look like that is hard to answer, however if you google repurposing black fire screens several images come up.

• Evonne Arens Redder
    Evonne Arens Redder

I was taking my screen apart because I t was really too large for my fireplace opening , I had this one left and didn't want to throw it away, so for now it's a magnetic memo board. Keep us posted on what you ended up doing with yours.

• Diana
    Diana

hang on wall and place jewelry on it

• Marthe Dubner Seales
    Marthe Dubner Seales

I use mine as a gate in front of the stairs when my grand-dogs are visiting, so I can keep them from running upstairs and doing "who knows what".

• Faye Campbell
    Faye Campbell

If you have a single window with a wide enough sill, you could position it in the window for a different look...just a thought.

• Kathy Bitzan
    Kathy Bitzan

I had the jewelry idea also, or some garden art would be great.