Asked on Feb 10, 2016

Industrial candlestick Made into lamp - opinions needed...

SassyCKErilou
+4

I found this wonderful little piece which was a falling apart industrial~style candle holder. I wired it up and added the Edison bulb to keep the industrial flare.
After I got it all done, my hubby thought we should try to incorporate our iron sphere....
I don't know if it's better to see it with the light on, but I wanted you to get the effect of the Edison bulb.
I haven't added it yet. I'll have to do some editing to the sphere to make it work, but worth a try if you all think it looks better that way. I"m so undecided!!
What are your thoughts and opinions?
  • Nancy Mcclenahan
    Nancy Mcclenahan

Definitely love it with the globe.

• M&M Embellishments
      M&M Embellishments

@Nancy Mcclenahan Thanks, I think I'm in agreement. Now to do the work to get it to sit on there straight... :) Thanks so much for your input!

• Akona
    Akona

Love it with the sphere, very unique looking. Well done!

• Erilou
    Erilou

The sphere completes it. Love it!!

• M&M Embellishments
      M&M Embellishments

@Erilou Hey you! I didn't know you were on here. I went to the Warehouse mall yesterday and I have a picture for you.... Would these work for your inset in the master bedroom??? I am not sure, but saw them and thought of you!

q industrial candlestick made into lamp opinions needed, home decor, home decor dilemmaq industrial candlestick made into lamp opinions needed, home decor, home decor dilemma
  • CK
    CK

Personally I like it better with the sphere but it's pretty cool either way. I'd suggest it be used with a dimmer because those bulbs are pretty bright. Make sure the bulb you have chosen does allow to be used with a dimmer switch, for safety. Nice job!

• Sassy
    Sassy

Looks great either way, but I do love the look of the sphere!