Asked on Feb 11, 2016

What to do with old china

JanetJudy RileyLynne Wallace
+10

I have an incomplete set of china given to me by my late mother in law. What sort of crafty ideas can I use it for? Also have silverware set.
    Janet Pizaro

Take a look here. www.pinterest.com/lacoleman61/repurposed-dishes

• MN Mom
    MN Mom

Before you craft away, are there grandchildren or other family members who might like a keepsake from her? Even if the set is incomplete there could be a specific piece or cup and saucer that could be given as a token. Just a thought, I'm sentimental

• Val Killey
    Val Killey

You could make candles with the cup and saucers.

• Dani Strand
    Dani Strand

Save it as a special gift to someone who will cherish it

• Nancy
    Nancy

put it in a plastic bag, bang it up with a hammer and make a mosaic ,maybe?

• Christel Maria Cammack
    Christel Maria Cammack

If there is no one who wants to have a keepsake, break it into pieces that can be used to make stepping stones for your garden. That way you will remember her every time you visit your garden.

• Debra
    Debra

Thanks for the input. I was going to take it to goodwill now I think I will do a couple of the suggestions that were listed.

• Lynne Wallace
    Lynne Wallace

Make a vintage cake stand. Glue a teacup to middle of larger plate then smaller plate on top of teacup. Fill with cakes and cream scones - lovely.

• Nancy
      Nancy

@Debra Go to Lowes or Home depot to the ceramic tile sections, there are a variety of groud's indoor and out. tell one of the employees what you want to do with it,indoor to outdoor,maybe a cute accent table or if you have enough china you could get a little round cafe table,cheaply , and put outdoor proud and make a Mosaic on it, just pick up 2 wrought iron chairs , very cute for having cafe in the morning outside, weather permitting of course lol

• Judy Riley
    Judy Riley

or you could look online and find the matching pieces fairly cheap and have a full set to use at special occasions

• Janet
    Janet

Make candles out of cup and saucer. Or trinket holders. Or herb pots.

• Janet
    Janet

Silver ware could be napkin rings. place markers. Photo holders. Art work framed.