Aimee M
Aimee M
  • Stockton, CA
Asked on Mar 29, 2012

Advice on color

Arlene White StrickerCulpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.Aimee M
+26

I am trying to figure out what color to paint my very small bathroom. Help!
  • Posting some pictures of the bathroom could help the Hometalk Pros make some color suggestions. What accent colors do you have in the rest of your home?

• Did you see the grey that was used on one of the smaller bathrooms posted here? Find that post...good looking color I'm going to use on a bath I am redoing

• Lin R

You can really be creative and us a bright color in a small bath. I have read that many times and I painted mine Tiffany Box Blue and love it! It is my little jewell in our home.

• Miriam I

This is the post Handy Andy is talking about. I love this color! http://www.hometalk.com/151538/what-s-your-idea-of-a-well-appointed-powder-room

• Ana M

Hi Aimee, the dark color in my bathroom you asked me about is Cyberspace from Sherwin Williams. If you have a shower in your bathroom make sure and buy the bathroom paint not regular.

• Aimee M

I will post some pics soon. tys for all the help, but going lol

• The pics will help. I need more personal info to do a psychology of personal color consultation.

• Ana - means an eggshell or sating finish paint. In a bathroom, prep the walls well first and clean with a light solution of water & tsp or you can wipe & spray with krudkutter. This will kill off an lingering mold or mildew spores on the walls & ceiling. It's also a good idea to add M1 to bath paints to retard future mold/mildew growth

• Betty

I am up for suggestions on paint color too. When we bought the house the guest bathroom is painted thsi color and so is a bedroom that we turned into an office. Both need to go. Any suggestions.

q advice on color, painting, Too Orange for meq advice on color, painting
  • Betty

Some more pics of the orange bathroom I like color this was just a little too strong.

q advice on color, paintingq advice on color, painting
  • Lin R

Wow a lot of orange fro sure! But I love the sink.

• Betty

yes sink and countertop are great and the light fixture, just a lot of orange

• Aimee M

Ok ladies here is some pictures, please help!!!

q advice on color, paintingq advice on color, paintingq advice on color, painting
  • Aimee M

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.

• Project Style, LLC

The vanity and floor are neutral enough that almost any color would work. Are you going to replace the shower curtain? We like to start with a fabric we love and then choose a paint color to complement it. Do you want the adjoining rooms to "flow" with similar color schemes? What colors appeal to you? If none come to mind, take a look in your closet. People can often use the colors they love to wear as the starting point for choosing a color palette for their homes.

• Aimee M

Thanks Project style, that was very helpful.

• Lin R

Aimee Project Style has great advice. I was thinking about your post yesterday and thought....she should paint it a color she loves! There are so many blogs out there to inspire you and also Pinterest.

• Aimee M

I have a sample of the color I might use, it's Spring Cactus. I have a nice shower curtain in several greens.

• Project Style, LLC

If you have concerns about painting the entire room and then not liking it, try the paint on several pieces of poster board first and look at the color at various times of the day.

• Lin R

We painted the ceiling and the walls the same and we love it....do it how you like it and I know you will be happy and proud of it!

• Aimee M

Lin R, what color did you paint it?

• Lin R

The same color as the walls....Tiffany Box Blue in the bath. Your idea of green sounds really pretty. Can't wait to see when you are done. Will look forward to your post Aimee!

• Barbara

I also had a VERY small bathroom that needed updating and color.

q advice on color, painting
  • Barbara

I choose a very bright blue and lots of white. I eventually added bright yellow and orange towels to add more color.

• I like the idea of a pale green in there. The photo helped, thank you. Sherwin Williams has a lovely color called Pistachio SW1429. I would get a sample first, they are not expensive.

• That was my color advice, now Aimee, I would paint the vanity either a low scheen black or semigloss white & replace the knobs. I would suggest going to Beds Bath & Beyond or home depot & purchasing an over toilet cabinet that coordinates with the vanity color, buy a large decorative mirror on sale at Hobby Lobby & a linen look in the shower curtain. I would put a metal wine rack on the wall & roll the towels & put them on the wine rack on the wall & remove the floor shelf. I would buy a fun decorative rug also.

• Aimee M

Tys, I just got all new knobs, and I am going to paint the vanity a chocolate brown

• I almost suggested that instead of black. That is an outstanding choice Aimee.

• Arlene White Stricker

I cannot see having something so dark in a small space. Lighter colors gives the effect of more room.