Asked on Apr 3, 2012

Does anyone know of a paint that can be used to paint over a brass tub faucet set?

Peace Painting Co., Inc.HandyANDY - Handyman & All Repairs, LLC

I'm reworking a bathroom and the jet tub was installed in such a way that we cannot access the tub set without destroying the tile and probably the tub!
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.

XIM primer and you can get it in a spray can, then top-coat with anything. I would scuff sand first with a fine sponge then clean with acetone to soften the lacquer finish. CP

• Hi Charles - I wonder how it will hold up? Have you done anything like this before? I've heard of people painting the trim rings on jacuzzi tubs but haven't done anything like this yet myself. I don't really have a choice unless I want to rip out all of the tile. Where do I get the XIM primer? Is that a zinser product?

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

XIM is the company, and you can find or order it through Sher-Wms or some Bennie Moore stores. If properly prepared, their product will never peel. Then you could go on top with any kind of appliance type paint for a long lasting finish.