Michelle M
Michelle M
  • Knoxville, TN
Asked on Apr 21, 2012

I want to paint my bathroom cabinets this color any ideas on what I could use? I tried SW Chip It paints and no luck.

Pam LewandowskiPatriciaHolley R
+30

q i want to paint my bathroom cabinets this color any ideas on what i could use i, bathroom ideas, painting
  • Joan L

Doesn't Lowes match paint colors?

• Debi M

Lowe's can do a color match with anything. I've used it several times and love it. Just take a sample of whatever color you want (magazine clipping, fabric, paint from a project, etc) They have a color spectrometer that will match the paint color for you. I would use a gloss finish so it would be easy to wipe down.

• Carole E

home depot does

• Mary D

I have had perfect paint matches from Porter Paints

• Michael M

Sherwin Williams even has an app for that.

• Juana A

Sherman William's is the best paint

• Deb G

Yeah, Lowe's can match it. Awesome color!

• Kevin H

Try"Terra Cotta Trail" from Lowes.It's what I painted my deck with and it looks really,really close to it.

• The Empty Nest

is that a red???? If so Try Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ Emperor Silk with dark wax ....lovely color and you will not need to presand or prime..just clean the cabinet , open the can and paint! www.anniesloanunfolded.com to find a retailer near you...insist on the original Chalk Paint™ and accept no substitutes! So easy

q i want to paint my bathroom cabinets this color any ideas on what i could use i, bathroom ideas, painting, photo via Paint in My Hair blog
  • Bill F

everyone matches colors. Just be sure you get a good enamel paint in high gloss for best protection.

• Superior Remodeling, LLC

Use sherwin williams oil based Pro classic with Satin or semi gloss finish that is what we use on all of our cabinet reface jobs. Prime first with an oil based primer and ligth sand with 220 sand sponge

• Justin S

garish

• Glenda B

High gloss enamel gives a contemporary/modern feel. If you don't want that look, use an oil based satin or semi gloss as recommended by Superior.

• Mary Alice M

Beautiful color! I hope you find the right shade!

• Carol M

I love this color, I painted our wood yard furniture a Chinese red. Stunning..

• Debi M

My cabinets are painted "paprika" and the walls "buttermilk" I love my kitchen with the bright colors. I had a decorator tell me years ago to use "food colors" in the kitchen, so I hunted in my spice cabinet for just the right color

• Designs by BSB

if you bring one of the door/drawers to Sherwin Williams, they can match it for you on the spot :)

• Michelle M

Its not red its orange. I have been looking at Annie Sloan Chalk Paint but the orange she has is like a pumpkin orange and the red you suggested is too red. I have tried four different colors of orange and nothing looks good. I think might change the color to a teal. Is the Annie Sloan Provence a teal blue? I have seen pictures of finished products and sometimes it looks teal and other times it looks like a baby blue. When using the Chalk Paint can you make it darker? Thanks for the great tips!

• Holley R

Years ago I experimented with a MinWax water-based stain that looks exactly like that. Still have the project, side tables from an old dressing table/mirror. I don't know what (the color) was called, but its exactly that color.

• Michelle M

I wonder if you can stain over the old color? I will take a look at their web site to see if I can find a similar color. Thanks!

• Pam

The color looks close to the attached color just painted on the top of a new coffee table. Bought at Home Depot named "Crist Autumn". It's a softer than orange, like tangerine.

q i want to paint my bathroom cabinets this color any ideas on what i could use i, bathroom ideas, painting, Color of newly painted coffee table
  • Pam

It's a little darker than it looks in my photo. This was my first try with new iPad and have to get used to the camera.

• Gail F

I think she means, "what color is this?" It's orange. And the walls look light light blue/green. Very pretty. Might hate it in a couple years though.

• The Empty Nest

Provence is not a baby blue...that would be Louis Blue. Provence is a gorgeous turquoise/teal blue and with dark wax is simply stunning!

• Michelle M

Do you know where I can buy sample sizes of this paint? I can open my own store now with all the paints I've purchased and didn't use!

• The Empty Nest

you can find an Annie Sloan location for sample pots here: www.anniesloanunfolded.com

• Pam

Michelle, Home Depot sells the sample cans to try.

• Phyllis M

Lowes has a color called tomatoes bisque, that looks like this

• Holley R

http://www.minwax.com/wood-products/stains/minwax-water-based-wood-stain#Colors (A link to the colors) I think it was Cinnamon..also a little darker and opaque, unlike oil based stain which lets the grain show thru much more. I used it on rock maple which doesn't absorb the moisture like softer woods, so it was like paint, but no chipping later because it does soak into the surface. Maybe a scratch repair marker or crayon would be good for a sample if you can't get a small sample can.

• Patricia

Here is a link someone sent me today. The color of your cabinet may be in the colors on the page. The Paprika Glazed looks similar to me. It is the 6th row down, the 3rd color square in. https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/transformations/cabinet-transformations-dark-kit

• Pam Lewandowski

Just stumbled on this post. Love the color of the cabinets. Were you successful in finding a match?

• Michelle M

Hi Pam, I did not find a coral color I liked so I painted them Sherwilliams Williams Oyster Bay. It went really well with the wall color.

• Pam Lewandowski

Oh I love that color!!! Very clean & crisp! I bet you're super happy with it!