Need help with microwave repair

+7
I have a GE spacemaker XL1800 microwave (JVM1840CD) that has stopped working. Before quitting completely, I could open the door and the fan would continue running. The timer would count down, but neither the fan nor the microwave would operate when the door was closed. I have replaced the transmitter as well as the high voltage transformer to no avail. Any suggestions are appreciated.
  • Carolyn W Carolyn W on May 08, 2016
    Transmitter=magnatro
  • William William on May 08, 2016
    It's possible the door interlock switches are bad or the door latch is damaged or missing.
  • Ruth R Wisner Ruth R Wisner on May 09, 2016
    GE has always had trouble with the magnetron in their microwaves. Mine was still under warranty so it was replaced for free. Check your warranty. Or call GE and ask if there has been a recall on your model.
  • Johnchip Johnchip on May 09, 2016
    If not under a warranty, you are throwing good money after bad. Replace it and enjoy your kitchen.
    • Carolyn W Carolyn W on May 27, 2016
      I agree, but the color was not still available and we were not ready to replace all the appliances. I know, I know, but it would have made me crazy! Turns out that, although it had been tested twice, it was a $20 door switch.
  • Dorine Dzwonchyk Delpo Dorine Dzwonchyk Delpo on May 10, 2016
    Try unplugging it then plugging it in....this worked for us.
  • Carolyn W Carolyn W on May 14, 2016
    Reader on a blog suggested we retest the door switches