Asked on Dec 29, 2013

Do you decorate with Pines and Pine Cones?

Sls32892805LouisePortraits and Fine Art by Enzie Shahmiri
+9

I love Pine Trees and Pine Cones and just wrote a blog post "Beautiful Pines" here http://www.enzieshahmiri.com/blog/beautiful-pines - there are more photos on my blog too.
I was wondering what decorating ideas you have when it comes to decorating with pines and pine cones.
  • David Logan
    David Logan

Never tried it but it is looking beautiful. I will definitely go with it

• @David Logan thanks!

• Annette C
    Annette C

Pine Cones or Palm fawns? the photo looks to be palm sculptures.My yard is full of Pine Cones, I have a small fish tank filled with pine cones & laced with reflective shred & small string lights. Keep changing the add in's with glass x-mass balls, ribbon, silk blossoms, seasonally changes in container & color I fill a zip lock with scented oil & pine cones, let it set a couple of day's & mix in to pre-mix poporie If you like them shiny you can bake them at 150 to 15 to 30 min. & the natural oils will gloss them up. Or spray paint, I did a Silver & Gold pine cone ornaments with ribbon ties. Great for the bottom of flower pots for fill, once they fall from the stock they are like wood chips & can be used like tiles in hand crafts. Much like the palm's have in your photo And lastly I've rolled them in honey & cracker crumbs for the animals, my dogs love chewing on the pine cones too so I often find them in the oddest places or what's left of them.

• Enzie Shahmiri
      Enzie Shahmiri

@Annette C I love your idea of making potpourri and treats for animals. I will try them both! Thanks :)

• Noirin Mcbrien
    Noirin Mcbrien

Very pretty!

• 153091
    153091

I TOO WOULD LIKE TO INQUIRE...PINE CONES OR PALM FAWNS? I could not get your blog to open...

• @Anette C on my website in the menu section is the Blog link. When you blick on that the blog page opens and you will see the my scrolling . Thank you for the nice compliment

• Louise
    Louise

I love it, have lots of pine cones.

• Sls32892805
    Sls32892805

I'm in South Florida and I would look at the same and see small colorful shells wanted to glue them on a pine shell
  • Sls32892805
    Sls32892805

Sand not same