Asked on May 1, 2017

Need to replace these curtains, please someone help find



Need to replace these curtains. I don't like them and i want some that give more privacy. I mean the net curtains in the picture​.

Their length is 100 cm... Quite short. Can't find anything online, does anyone know any good website in UK?
7 answers
  • C.B.
    on May 1, 2017

    My suggestion: Take a queen size bedsheet & quarter it [or to whatever size you need to fit], hem the edges & open the top seams of the 'top edge' of the bed sheet [to form a 'pocket' for the rod] & hang them up! I did that in a cabin lived in & increased the room temperature by 2 degrees! I also took permanent ink & made a stamp & stamped images onto the curtains to match the room décor.
  • Anna Felesena Summers
    on May 1, 2017

    We just had a great article on here where they added wallpaper to roller blinds. It made them look custom made and very expensive. You can also get material and tension rods and make your own. Use fabric glue (like I did as I can't see a stitch unfortunately) for crisp edges. This way you can customize and get the exact pattern you want. Either way or both would work great!
  • Gale O'Neal
    on May 1, 2017

    If you want pre-made curtains, you can get that length from ARGOs in the UK.
    If you want to make curtains, get a flat bedsheet that you love the pattern of or fabric of your choice and use the curtains you have as a pattern to make new ones.
    If you do not want curtains at all, why not use window film? There are many patterns to choose from. Here is a website that is in the UK that carries it:
  • Beth Shorts
    on May 2, 2017

    maybe consider having shutters made for those windows. You could open or close them as you wished, and if you had them made with louvers, you could change the amount of light that you allowed in.
  • Roanne
    on May 2, 2017

    I would use vertical blinds that can either be completely open or partially or completely closed. I recommend vinyl as it can easily be washed clean.
  • Cmw16916895
    on May 2, 2017

    Buy a shower curtain you really like, cutting it to the length you wish. Buy some iron-on hem at craft store (Micheals /AC Moore) hem tops and bottoms with iron-on hem tape replace on existing rods. I have tension rods for my windows you can easily remove them for cleaning, etc.
  • Helen
    on May 2, 2017

    I use white, flat, double size sheets and hang with clips for an easy inexpensive fix.
Your comment...