What color gray is best in your home in any room.

TeriPatriciaSusan Savarese
+4

Also will gray go with navy carpet in a bedroom or office. Thank you.

E
  • Johnchip

i have a light grey that was called terra cotta, kind of a clay like look, but it is not your traditional reddish terra color. It is more of a light tan grey. Use a semi gloss so it changes with the light.
  • Nancy Gramm

Color is a very personal thing and colors look different depending on the room. Kilz makes large paintable, removable swatches for testing paint colors. Pick some you like, paint a few swatches, slap them on the wall and watch how they look in the changing light. And yes, gray would look great with navy. Good luck.

Agreed on the personal thing.Your bet bet is to find a color gray or grays in the paint chips.Bring them in to your own light.If you think it will work for you buy a sample and test it on the wall making sure you look at the color in the morning,afternoon and night. Grays can play green,brown or blue.It depends on how much lighting and your decor
  • Peggy Burnette

It's your home go with what you like.

• Susan Savarese

Agree with all the comments. Gray goes with anything! I used Sherwin Williams Dovetal gray in my house. The swatches weren't enough and I'm so happy that I bought three or four samples or I would have selected the wrong color if I was using the color strips. They ended up looking so much different on my walls. Regardless, gray is good!
  • Patricia

We have gray walls in the kitchen. We selected the shade by painting several samples on the wall. We looked at the samples in different lights & time of day. We're happy with our choice.
  • Teri

Gray does go with blue. Gray goes with anything. If it's a navy blue carpet I would go with the lighter gray, but personally I like the darker gray colors