I have several sets of wooden blinds but no brackets. How can I hang?

+5
I have beautiful wooden blinds from Smith and Noble from our old house. I have windows that will work with the dimensions of the blinds, but I don't have the hanging brackets, as they got lost in the move, or were never taken off the old windows. I read about drilling through the metal to make a hole and use dry wall screws to attach the blinds inside mounted to the window trim. I have the winddow clearance to do this, but I am concerned about attaching them only on one side due to the weight of the blinds, and the pressure of raising and lowering them. Any and all suggestions appreciated! Thank you!
q i have several sets of wooden blinds but no brackets how can i hang
Window with space to inside mount
The metal part of the blind I'm hoping to drill through and use to hang blinds, but unsure if attaching only one side metal part will fully secure and hold weight of blinds and pressure from raising and lowering them.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 24, 2017
    Can you contact the company to see if you can purchase new brackets?
  • Kathy Kathy on May 24, 2017
    You could try Walmart for generic brackets that slip over the ends of the blinds. They mount on the inside of the window with a door like panel that lifts up to slide the blind in.
  • William William on May 25, 2017
    Home Depot, Lowes, Menards should have brackets that would work.
  • Bulldog Bulldog on May 25, 2017
    Go to lowes they should be able to help you out
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on May 25, 2017
    Go to the store and bring the model number and a photo!
  • Margie Spenser Margie Spenser on May 25, 2017
    Or bring one of the blinds!
  • Pamela Noyes Pamela Noyes on May 25, 2017
    I just recently had the same problem and found replacement brackets at Home Depot! I was so happy-good luck to you!:)
  • Melanie Melanie on May 25, 2017
    Thank you everyone! Why didn't I think of all of your answers? Buy new brackets! Duh! Of course! Thank you for all for taking the time to answer my question.