Asked on Jun 23, 2017

Does anyone know how I can fix a cement birdbath?

BarbSharonCrystle Gibson
+11

This is my birdbath & I really want to fix it. Any suggestions would be helpfu. Thank you
  • Sharon
    Sharon

Think a trip to True Value or any home center, ask the guys best glue for cement, glue the pieces back together, and wrap in tape to hold until it drys, or use a rachet strap. Pick up a pre-mix cement in a bottle with an applicator nipple thats ready to go, or buy a box of it, and work it in over the glued sections using a plastic spatula. Then I would seal it using some waterproof sealer. You might also do those top edges with cracks while your at it.
  • Kim
    Kim

Does that bowl just sit on top of the stand? If so you could buy a replacement bowl or form your own bowl by following these instructions I found on the web.

Hope that helps!
    : )
  • Barb
    Barb

Thank you Sharon & Kim you both gave me good ideas
  • Lisa Hawes Windham
    Lisa Hawes Windham

Gorilla glue. It will fix anything. I had a concrete fountain that cracked in half and I used gorilla glue. It happened 6 yeas ago and still holding up with no leaks.
  • Cori Widen
    Cori Widen

I also think that Gorilla Glue will hold up! Use it liberally.
  • Alex Babcock
    Alex Babcock

Ahhhh Gorilla glue is the bestest isn't it? Other then that maybe a 2 part epoxy might be in order.
  • Adam Eng
    Adam Eng

i would try an epoxy.. they even have that stuff at lowes or home depot.. its like putty.. but you only have a very short time to put the putt on before its hardens.. so make sure you are all ready to go
  • Crystle Gibson
    Crystle Gibson

E6000 glue is the best and is waterproof.
  • Barb
    Barb

Thank you Lisa & Cori I was wondering if Gorilla Glue would work.
  • Barb
    Barb

Thank you Alex Im going to try Gorilla Glue. That is what others have suggested also & it seems the easies.
  • Barb
    Barb

Thank you Adam
  • Barb
    Barb

Thank you Crystle for your idea.
  • Sharon
    Sharon

I think I would try marine 2 part epoxy, its meant to be used outside.
  • Barb
    Barb

Thank yoU Sharon