Ideas for window coverings without using curtains "farm house"

Ela2654479227524803Sarah Jackson
+4

• 2dogal

Wood shutters or wood blinds. Bamboo roll-up shades. Look at Pinterest pictures to get ideas.
  • Marge Roslewicz

Wood blinds worked best for me. Marge
  • Jen O.

I love the wood shutters idea. They always look beautiful, nice country charm.
  • Sarah Jackson

You can use a clear piece of plexiglass and create a faux stained glass piece to hang over the window (or make it as big as the window) using Plaid Gallery Glass paints. They're easy to use and come out amazing. I even glued some flatback glass gems to mine to add extra dimension.
  • 27524803

The plexiglass idea is great and as an alternative to paint you can create "faux" stained glass using colored tissue paper cut into a pattern (a tree with leaves etc) and glued on with decoupage glue (usually drys clear) use a dimensional paint for the "lead" lines
    I live out in the boonies far enough away from the neighbors to see in... I put up plant hooks (that extend out away from the windows) above my dining room windows.. and hung plants in wrought iron baskets, bird cages, etc. Things like philodendron that do well indoors... they give interest to the windows with out blocking the view to our pasture.
  • 27524803

Oh... crinkle the tissue and then smooth it out before gluing on
  • Ela26544792

Shutters