We need to replace a 12 ft length of metal vent in our basement; where

my husband ran a ladder into the metal vet and broke it; where can we buy the metal vent to replace it?

  8 answers
  • Ro Ro on Oct 07, 2017
    Please call in a licensed HVAC company to make the repair! This is a vital portion of both your heating & air conditioning system. A professional will not only make sure your ENTIRE system ( furnace & air conditioning ) works with the new components - but will remain on call for any problems you have with it - usually for up to one year. Get estimates from 3 HVAC licensed contractors. Your safe bet is to accept the mid-range bid. Asking for - & CALLING! - prior customers whom will provide you with a reference is also a very good idea. It really isn't a big deal guys - just pick up the phone/Google it....
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Oct 07, 2017
    You probably should be able to find it at the home improvement stores, if they don't carry it, they will be able to order it or tell you who carries it.
  • Dfm Dfm on Oct 07, 2017
    Big box diy. Hvac area by the sound of it...you will also need a special tape or short screws to connect the new. The special tape is metal. Makes nice silver stars for the Christmas tree.

  • Linda Linda on Oct 07, 2017
    Home Depot or Lowes maybe ???
  • William William on Oct 07, 2017
    Home Depot, Lowes, Menards. They come in 4' and 5' lengths. They will need to be snapped and screwed together.
  • Rmf24412612 Rmf24412612 on Oct 08, 2017
    There are many different sizes for vent,,,you could go to Ace Hardware or at Lowe's.. Be sure to bring and show them your metal vent...maybe it could be fix like welding.
  • Ideas4U Ideas4U on Oct 08, 2017
    Could you turn a screen door into a vent somehow?
  • Ideas4U Ideas4U on Oct 08, 2017
    i bet a welder or someone at a hardwood store could brainstorm something up for you. They have everything at their fingertips!
Your comment...