What can I do to cover a wall in an old house that has multiple layers

Don’t want to have to strip so much wallpaper and do more damage!

  7 answers
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Nov 11, 2017
    Ship lap,Wooden Pallets,
  • Jason T. Lee Jason T. Lee on Nov 11, 2017
    sadly you need to strip it down to properlay repair it. If you paper it over again it will show
  • GRANDMA GRANDMA on Nov 11, 2017
    If you like the look of shiplap you can cover over with wood and stain or paint it white (very popular now). It can also be done on the angled ceilings that come in old houses.
  • Stacey Reynolds Stacey Reynolds on Nov 11, 2017
    You could do wood slats. All my walls in my house are cedar slats and it looks great! Gives in a cabin feeling.
  • Karen Tokarse Karen Tokarse on Nov 11, 2017
    I have covered unsightly walls, etc. with Martha Stewart "Beadboard" wallpaper. It's paintable and looks so good. In fact, I also wallpapered a desk, a credenza, and the side of the closet.
  • Teena Mevec Teena Mevec on Nov 11, 2017
    They make a really thick wallpaper that does a great job covering stuff in old homes, like plaster & lath walls and bulges in the wall. Home Depot carries it here and it's in an end cap near the kitchen section. Lowe's also has it and it is in the aisle with the rest of the wall paper. Good Luck!
  • Linda Bryant Linda Bryant on Nov 11, 2017
    Ship lap is very popular right now and you can leave it, stain it or paint it.