What is a good color to paint a dark pantry?

+9
q what is a good color to paint a dark pantry
  • Inside the pantry? I would go with a light, bright color so that even if your lighting is not great you can still see to find what you are looking for.
  • Itsmemic Itsmemic on Jan 31, 2018
    gonna have to go with plain old white. I'd choose a glossy white to help bounce light.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jan 31, 2018
    The lightest color that coordinates with your kitchen colors in a shiny finish (to reflect the most light)
  • StacysArtfulHeart StacysArtfulHeart on Jan 31, 2018
    I always say -- your FAVORITE color! But if your favorite is like mine (bronze and a bit dark! lol) then go with whichever brighter color makes your heart smile. Nothing worse than going into a room that doesnt make you happy. Im a fan of the oceany light aquas and white shelves also. Or if yellow is your sunny place, then yellow walls and white shelves. Just remember -- you know YOU best! Follow your heart! Blessings to you from the Great Pacific Northwest, Lakewood Washington!! stacysarfulheart
  • Mogie Mogie on Jan 31, 2018
    Install a small skylight or solatube. That will bring in natural light. Our pantry is gloss white. Easy to clean.
  • Fix It Jen Fix It Jen on Jan 31, 2018
    Keep it light if it tends to be dark... but you can also add fun touches with colorful contact paper or a contrasting color on backs vs. shelves...
  • Denise Denise on Jan 31, 2018
    I picked the midle one for the shelves. High gloss finish. Walls on another day!
  • Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Jan 31, 2018
    a light color -- I love light butter yellow in a kitchen! Goes well with blues, greens or even other warm colors.

• Melissa Swan Melissa Swan on Feb 01, 2018
    my late husband painted the inside of my pantry with a clean crisp ultra white. I never imagined that a simple paint job would brighten things up so much...but thats just what it did. Thank you hubster!
  • Gracie Gracie on Feb 01, 2018
    white or cream.

• Diana Deiley Diana Deiley on Feb 02, 2018
    My personal choice is ultra white in semi gloss. Then I like to measure and apply self adhesive white designed floor tiles on the shelves for easy cleaning. I've done this in every closet, bathroom and kitchen in my home and I love it! It's worth the time and effort. Best of luck.